Rangefinder question

Comparing the Vortex Ranger series to the Impact I see two differences. One is that the Impact only goes out to 850 yards (plenty for me) and the second is the illuminated display is lacking on the Impact. Am I missing anything else? I would like to save the $100 difference if the devices are the same otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
seldomseensmith
FYI pay attention to those range numbers, the 850yds is reflective targets, its only 400yd on game.

Thanks for that. Did not know. This is my first time shopping range finders. I’ve had loaners and gone without but feel it’s time to buy.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I endorse get a longer distance model than you think you need, just because you won't shoot at an animal a X distance doesn't mean its not useful to know the animal is X distance away (planning a stalk in for instance).

Pro953

WKR
Rifle hunting or bowhunting?

I can only speak from experience but I started with a Leupold 600, range was about it 400 and no angle compensation. I always felt handicapped with 400 yard max. It is very helpful to use the Rangrfinder to get a feel for the landscape you are glassing. After missing a high angle shot on a animal I gave up and upgraded.

I jumped on the sig kilo craze and I am happy with it, but certainly other brands have good options as well.

If you want to save some money. A thread is on here for some discounted Cabelas gift cards on EBay. Buy a few of those and then upgrade to the next tier up at 20% off.

I appreciate we are all on a budget, but I think it will be money well spent.

Now if you are bowhunting the range may not be a concern but angle compensation will be crucial.

Good luck!