Anyone have a review on the Benchmade Altitude knife?

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Even though it is a little pricey I am looking at the Benchmade Altitude knife. Anyone have an review or rexperience with this knife?

Ron

Beendare

WKR
I can tell you Benchmade has gone to a better mnfr process that eliminates some of the complaints about blade alignment in the past.

I carry a Mini Grip as my EDC....great knife.

FlyGuy

WKR
In for updates.

I held one in my hand for the 1st time earlier this week. Almost pulled the trigger, but I am already over my budget on optics with more coming. Going to let things cool off a little bit more before I add that to my kit. But I can tell I'm going to end up with one before long.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, picked it up at BHA Rendezvous down in Boise a few weeks ago. I'm exited to put it to use this September. It feels good in the hand, is light and fits well in my kill kit.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Following for updates. I'm interested in a lightweight knife, and something beefier than a Havalon (although I might carry that as well).

I carry a benchmade every day, but have you checked out the esee izula? Similar size, only slightly heavier, and quite a bit cheaper.

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
Just a little update: Knife was a perfect addition to my kit! Kept its edge, durable and light. Also the color keeps me from losing it!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0998.JPG
    IMG_0998.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 49

Wirrex

FNG
I carry a benchmade every day, but have you checked out the esee izula? Similar size, only slightly heavier, and quite a bit cheaper.

I have been carrying an izula in a custom sheath for the last 3 years. I have used it on several deer. I’m sure the benchmade is great. I own several. I was gifted a steep country and will probably use that instead of the izula for hunting. It has a better grip and longer blade. The izula has no scales and is kind of a pain when soaked in blood and the altitudes “handle” looks worse for that.

prm

WKR
I’m a fan of the Altitude. I originally planned to get the Izula, but it didn’t fit in my hand well. I held the Altitude and knew immediately I wanted that knife. Only deboned one Mule Deer so far but it was excellent.

Wirrex

FNG
If you want them, there are plenty of places online that sell scales for the izula.

The izula is a great knife, my girlfriend and I both carry one when backpacking and hunting.

I specifically wanted the bare knife. It seriously disappears in my pocket. I love everything about the knife it’s just a little slick when bloody. I’m thinking the altitude will have a similar issue if that’s your intended use.

I only use mine for gutting and cuts around bone and knuckles. I started carrying a victorinox boning knife to debone deer in the field. That’s the best knife decision I have made in a long time.

Jeffp

FNG
I specifically wanted the bare knife. It seriously disappears in my pocket. I love everything about the knife it’s just a little slick when bloody. I’m thinking the altitude will have a similar issue if that’s your intended use.

I only use mine for gutting and cuts around bone and knuckles. I started carrying a victorinox boning knife to debone deer in the field. That’s the best knife decision I have made in a long time.
I’m a fan of the Altitude. I originally planned to get the Izula, but it didn’t fit in my hand well. I held the Altitude and knew immediately I wanted that knife. Only deboned one Mule Deer so far but it was excellent.
i purchased one a few months ago and have only used it on a fresh road kill deer. Very sharp and comfortable to use. I think for its size and weight it’s as good a knife as you can get.