Field optics research tripods??

Anyone use these tripods? The promax ft-6229c has some great specs.

Weight- 2.92lbs
Folded length- 17.9”
Load capacity- 35lbs
Max height- 62.7
Min height- 9.5
2 detachable legs for trekking poles

OP
F
Bump to the top. I held one of these and it seems pretty good. Almost an exact replica and features as the nightforce tripod. Just 100$ cheaper

Did you ever get a chance to use this one in the field? I'm looking at one as well and would be interested on how it compares to a Slik 624.

Rhansen

Lil-Rokslider
I have this tripod I would say the smaller one would compare to the Slik 624. But I really like it for a light weight tripod that I can stand with and still be stable.

Following - same question - wondering if it is stout enough for a weapon system mount. Rated at 33#. It's big brother is rated at 77# and I know people that have that and like it. Just wondering if this is more versatile with the trekking pole option.

I was able to test the Field Optics FT-6229C in the field and found it functional and versatile. The tripod was plenty strong to support spotting scope and lightweight mountain rifle. The trekking poles were very strong and comfortable in the hand. It might be useful to remove the rubber feet in working in brush, as they did tend to drag... Overall, very happy with the system.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
How long does it take you to remove and reattach the trekking poles? Are there any small pieces of hardware you could lose while doing that?