FHF vs OV Bino Harness

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Purchasing a pair of Swaro SLC 10x42's this spring/summer and want to pair them with a harness. I have narrowed it down to OV's Ridgetop and FHF PRO-M.

I dug thru previous threads & posts and am still looking for more information to help me make my final decision. I like the full coverage, magnetic lid opening away from user, and thinner bino straps of the OV / I like the simplistic nature, tough materials, and silent opening/closing of FHF. Either way, plan to go with Coyote Brown and possibly a rangefinder pouch for my ranger 1800.

Any help would be appreciated!

N2TRKYS

WKR
I have the same binos as you and use the FHF harness. I don't have any complaints with the FHF harness.

mtnhmr

FNG
Marsupial Gear Bino Harness?

Would be interested to know how each compare?

I own both the FHF and the OV bino harnesses.

I prefer the OV harness because it has more complete coverage. The sides of the FHF are more open, and more dust and dirt tend to blow in. The OV harness provides complete coverage and my binos don't get as much dust and dirt.

LaHunter

WKR
Swaro 10X42 SLC + fhf bino harness for the past 5 seasons. Plan on staying with the fhf. Great combination of protection for my optics along with a low profile and quick and easy access to my binos.

wapitibob

WKR
Forget the fhf and compare the marsupial and OV.
I have badlands, kuiu, fhf, Rick young, and marsupial. Fhf and marsupial compare as do the kuiu and OV.

Last edited:
I went from kuiu to FHF and prefer the FHF harness. It's nice to have the increased coverage and additional pockets without being too bulky like the larger Alaska Guide Creations harness. I have never used a Marsupial or OV but am happy with my FHF so far and would recommend it.

Kotaman

WKR
I own both of these harnesses and prefer the OV by a large margin. I love the magnetic lid closure. The lid on the FHF hits me in the chin when its windy. (when open) The new Sitka harness is also very nice and the regular fits the SLC's like they were made for it.

goph707

FNG
I have your same set with binos, I have both the FHF and OV. I used the FHF for years...until I used the OV. For me the FHF is noisy in fact super noisy,not very easy to use one handed, the Flap or lid gets in the way of putting the binos back. Both are pretty comfortable. For me the OV fixed all these complaints. My only complaint about the OV is the side mess pockets where I keep my wind indicator are a bit tight. Hope this helps.

OP
Jsunkler

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Decided on the AGC Kiss Max, it came down to a few reasons for me.

The AGC Kiss Max:
- Has the silent open and close feature of the FHF / no magnets of the OV
- Side mesh pockets of the FHF
- Cheaper than FHF, not including the additional $ for a RF pouch, padded straps, etc.
- Complete coverage of the OV
- Large mesh shoulder straps of the OV
- Is about the same thickness as the OV off the chest
- Same cost as the OV thru BlackOvis with rokslide10 discount

Plus I can fit my ranger 1800 in the max/basement pocket and/or other small items, seems to have the most protection for my Swaros, and the two MOLLE strap/loops near the lid will allow me to clip my RF in for quick usages. If I have to drop my pack, I will have everything with me that is necessary and wont have to search thru my pack to find those items to stuff into my pants before taking off.

Last edited: