Handgun carrying

pbcarch

WKR
I am not going to ask about a handgun vs another choice of bear protection .....but what I am asking about is how do you guys carry your handguns? I plan on getting a g40 10mm
Will be bow hunting this September in Idaho....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
Thanks guys. How well do these or NOT work with a bino harness?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Gunfighters INC drop panel so it is on my leg with or without pack, not in way of binos, and not in the dirt if crawling.

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
I have AKG bino harness with max pocket.....I used it all bow season here in NJ and wore it high. So I guess some thing under could work

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

caws907

FNG
I have a Glock 20 with a Blackhawk Serpa holster and I strapped to my back pack strap on the left side. It's really secure yet really accessible.
b4350cbbff65ae2fc981f8dd877cea6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmden

WKR
OWB Paddle Holster (Custom) – MultiHolsters

Follow the drop down menu for all kinds of custom options. I got one with for the APLc Inforce light with the G40 and like it. The paddle holster allows me to put it on my backpack hipbelt (works on my Kifaru Bikini hip belt) and the second I take the pack off, I can put the holster right on my pants/shorts with the paddle. Works for me quite well and it's more likely to be with me as the pack comes off. Have done same thing with Blackhawk CQC paddle holster for years.

IMG_4629.jpg

Last edited:

Rokwiia

WKR
I have a Glock 40 MOS and carry it in a Hill People Gear chest pack. It is instantly accessible yet out of sight. The HPG Original Kit Bag may be the best piece of outdoor gear I've ever purchased.

Hill People Gear | Real use gear for backcountry travelers

[video=youtube;3HPgY45Qz8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HPgY45Qz8A[/video]
[video=youtube;ktQTXZ71lE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktQTXZ71lE4[/video]

Murdy

WKR
I have a Glock 40 MOS and carry it in a Hill People Gear chest pack. It is instantly accessible yet out of sight. The HPG Original Kit Bag may be the best piece of outdoor gear I've ever purchased.

I have one also, and really like it. But for bear defense, I'm not sure it's the best option. I think deploying a pistol from a true holster would be quicker, and having to pull open the kit bag before grabbing the pistol, in addition to being slightly slower, would be another step you'd have to take during a very stressful situation. Again, I love my kit bag, just not sure it's the best choice for this application.

wyodan

WKR
Gunfighters Inc Microagression Panel. I just picked this up a few weeks ago, and it is sweet. Your firearm will always be on you with or without your pack, and it drops it low enough to make it much easier to draw.

JohnnyB

WKR
I love my HPG for riding my bike in town. A little slow but comfortable. I use a Blackhawk operator drop down while hunting. It drops down just below my hip belt and stays on when the pack comes off. I want to try a Kenai but I am a little Leary of the comfort while wearing a bino harness.