Handgun carrying

Here is how I currently run it behind the bino harness
Once pods8 madness my panel it will be identical, just stronger

In the same boat but still waiting to see the possible solution of holstering right on the back of my binos-absent additional straps etc.
As to Serpas,have one and like it but others disagree.
The Serpa Holster is Hot Garbage | Active Self Protection Extra - YouTube
3331973fcbe74d04823dbd200f1dc40a.jpg
d4224bd97ae691f1bf88d24666d47521.jpg
1ceb9c2851a8cad2d04e384730becfd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MFLOOD: that's how I run my SP101 3" also. Works dandy. It fit better in the Nosegunner I had before, but the AGC Max fit my current choice of optics and "oh crap kit" much better.

MFLOOD: that's how I run my SP101 3" also. Works dandy. It fit better in the Nosegunner I had before, but the AGC Max fit my current choice of optics and "oh crap kit" much better.
It works great like this
But with the new soon to come panel
I would Get my storage mesh pouch back
Lol

I don't even feel the gun like this, thought I would, but it's a non issue.

Sometimes simple just works

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
Just an fyi....I went with the gun fighters inc ronin holder and aggression leg panel. I feel better with the gun pointed in a safe direction at all times a d in reach in the same place with pack on or off.
Thanks everyone for your input , will let you know how it goes !
Paul

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here is a pic
All this needs is tab loops on sides and bottom to match top

Gun won't be carried vertical as arm in pic, but more of an angle for easier access in emergency situations like quick approaching hippies
3cd0b0cf5a62514e0f6984ccf84876e4.jpg
81bdc2f8b9e99ad07477a73cb005f578.jpg

SoDaky

WKR
Very interesting,thanks.Simple is better.
One concern is the tether-and getting it off in a panic.The other is if it could hang up and necessitate 2 hands?Suppose if attached tightly it will 'hold' and allow a one handed draw.

On my old system where it just set in the mesh pocket on the AGC bino harness, there wasn't a tether at all, and it never fell out. I asked Pods8 to install a tether to ensure it never would. Perhaps it is never needed, or to be un-tethered, when in areas of concern. I rarely hunt where there are Grizz, so I am not concerned with "quick draw" as much as securely holstered. Others may have opposite priorities.

SoDaky

WKR
Yeh nothing is perfect.Thinking u are close though.No more bulky straps is key to me.
Only a few hunts where I’m carrying the G20 and those are the ones I’m primarily concerned with.Other hunts,if I carry at all,it will be lighter n smaller and likely will go with your last yrs system or your new one for sure.I ordered a Clark Fork leather shoulder holster for the G20 cause the thin nylon strap didn’t appear to interfere with much and looks very adjustable. If too much for when bow hunting,have plenty other non hunting trips when I can use it.Will let u know.

Safariland 5197 has carried my Glock 41 on my hip for a wile now, it's always on my pants belt, slip my pack belt in behind it. Never had a issue and it's in the same spot on my hip I conceal carry so muscle memory for drawing is much more natural to me. Seems to make more sense to me to keep to what I know so if shit gets Western I won't be fumbleing around trying to get on the gun.

Ive put this to test last August near the source of the greybull river. Me and a big black bear boar scared the poo out of each other and he came at me and got within 15-20yds before turning around. But since my spray and gun are always in the same exact spot it was second nature and I had both out within him moving forward a full body length.

Practice practice practice with both spray and gun
e48cb657a119860259cdc1fb9b4e0025.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

XrayDoc88

FNG
Just an fyi....I went with the gun fighters inc ronin holder and aggression leg panel. I feel better with the gun pointed in a safe direction at all times a d in reach in the same place with pack on or off.
Paul

I'm strongly leaning in that same direction. Let us know if you regret your choice.

zimagold

FNG
HPG Runners Bag. I use a large key ring on the carry zip and a klydex trigger guard that is tied to inside of pouch. 2 gross motor movements instead of just a draw, but discrete.

jmden

WKR
My two cents (and that's all it is) on chest rigs. 1) Never point the muzzle at something you aren't willing to destroy. 2) I'm often working very hard while I have a pack on and the last thing I want is something on my chest holding in more heat than the pack already is. I can't stand chest bino pack rigs for that reason and generally think they are little but extra added weight, bulk and expense. Just me. YMMV.

XrayDoc88

FNG
Paul

I've been "practice" ordering the same setup from their website to see the final cost. When you are on the Ronin OWB holster page there is an option at the bottom to add the "drop thigh panel". Do you know if this is the same thing as the "micro-aggression panel"? I've tried contacting the company to confirm and they have not responded in over a week.

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
I've been "practice" ordering the same setup from their website to see the final cost. When you are on the Ronin OWB holster page there is an option at the bottom to add the "drop thigh panel". Do you know if this is the same thing as the "micro-aggression panel"? I've tried contacting the company to confirm and they have not responded in over a week.
Yes I do believe the drop panel is the agression panel. When you order holster first they give you $10 off on panel. There are only 3 choices for panel color and it matches up with the agression panel selections.

Will see for sure when it shows up ;-)
Paul