Quilts help

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at venturing into the quilt game this year for early season hunts. Wondering if anyone has some experience and recommendations on a 30 degree quilt?
Specifically I've been looking at Enlightened Equipment, Katabatic Gear, and Nemo. Each has a little different design, not quite sure if I want a sewn in footbox or zippered/drawstring etc. Also considering which baffles will work best for the quilt?
Open to other brands, in all looking for high quality, low weight, and I'd like to purchase from a company that supports hunting if possible. Sticking around that $300 range I think.
Also I'm 6'2", 190 lbs for sizing. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at venturing into the quilt game this year for early season hunts. Wondering if anyone has some experience and recommendations on a 30 degree quilt?
Specifically I've been looking at Enlightened Equipment, Katabatic Gear, and Nemo. Each has a little different design, not quite sure if I want a sewn in footbox or zippered/drawstring etc. Also considering which baffles will work best for the quilt?
Open to other brands, in all looking for high quality, low weight, and I'd like to purchase from a company that supports hunting if possible. Sticking around that $300 range I think.
Also I'm 6'2", 190 lbs for sizing. Any help is appreciated!

I'm 6'2" and 190. I have a 20 degree EE quilt. I bought a long and wide, and it fits me and my style of sleeping just fine. If you were going to get a colder quilt (below 20 degrees) I would probably look into an extra wide. The wide can occasionally be drafty if you move around a lot and don't use the straps to secure the quilt to the pad.

OP
WesternHunter

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'2" and 190. I have a 20 degree EE quilt. I bought a long and wide, and it fits me and my style of sleeping just fine. If you were going to get a colder quilt (below 20 degrees) I would probably look into an extra wide. The wide can occasionally be drafty if you move around a lot and don't use the straps to secure the quilt to the pad.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you do the sewn in footbox or drawstring?

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I got an Underground Quilts Bandit XL 0*. I don't remember my exact specs, but I think I got 800fp down, 10d inner fabric and a 15d outer.I believe the dimensions are similar to a long/x-wide from EE. I haven't tested it in cold weather, but I'm really happy with the build quality. Price was $275 plus shipping, and $6 for a couple of extra pad straps. There's a ton of build options on the website so it can be kind of tricky to figure out, but the timeline was accurate, and a couple of emails I sent were answered quickly. I'd recommend them 100%.

ChrisS

WKR
Sewn or snap footbox, IMO< depends on what the temps are going to be when you're using it and/or if you have other options for temperature ranges. When it's sub 25f, It's been tricky for me to stop drafts to my feet with a snap footbox. I've stuffed an extra pair of socks in the hole as a plug, which is ok, but kind of a minor hassle. I've made my own 40+f sleeping quilts, which I've left as snap footboxes, but if I were buying another quilt with a 20f or less rating (and the intent to use it in that temp range only), I'd get a sewn footbox. One less thing to mess around with.