What am I missing?? What could I do better?

Go with a Luxe or Jimmy Tarps tipi for the shelter. The mountainsmith above looks k too. Pont is, Kifaru is great. But, it is far from being the most affordable trade off.

There are game bags to be had for a whole bunch cheaper. Check Ebay. Synthetic game bags.

I'd take 2 pair of socks, ditch the whole "Snow" layer with a whoobie. A good vest and base layer, decent primaloft jacket and that whoobie will keep you warm way down into the low teens.

OP
PowellSixO

PowellSixO

Lil-Rokslider
Go with a Luxe or Jimmy Tarps tipi for the shelter. The mountainsmith above looks k too. Pont is, Kifaru is great. But, it is far from being the most affordable trade off.

There are game bags to be had for a whole bunch cheaper. Check Ebay. Synthetic game bags.

I'd take 2 pair of socks, ditch the whole "Snow" layer with a whoobie. A good vest and base layer, decent primaloft jacket and that whoobie will keep you warm way down into the low teens.

What is a whoobie? I agree that ditching my snow gear would be a great way to save on weight, plus room in my bag.

Rickchuck

FNG
I did a Frank Church hunt last year in November. My buddy and I used a Jimmy Tarp tipi with a small Kifaru cylinder stove. The combination worked well for us in pretty cold temps. We used Tyvek paper for a floor and as a cheap/lightweight alternative for tarps. Good luck with your hunt. I can’t wait to go back!