Cheap(er) hiking pants

Lowke01

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Eddie Bauer 5 pocket pant. I wear them to work in the office, to the gym, out do dinner and to go hunting. They have 4 way and DWR and a nice fit that make them super comfortable. Lighter they're on the lighter side of most of the pants I've seen suggested here. I think they're about $50 when you get the 40% off deal (which is every time I've shopped for them.)

boom

WKR
i love the pant material.

yesterday. my Prana pant. like an idiot i kneeled down on a new concrete pour. it was coated with a curing compound. it's tacky and bright white. i got it stuck on my pants.!! i sulked about a bit. at lunch time, i said "wtf". i put some handsoap on a papertowel and scrubbed my pants. while wearing them. they sudded up white..i bent my knee and simply stuck it under the bathroom faucet. a coworker thought i was retarded. i hosed them down, did some more scrubbing and hosed them again. i was soaked!! but the stain came out!!

i went into the parking lot and made a few work calls. in about 15 minutes i was bone dry.

the material is king!! i am taking two pairs of pants for almost 3 weeks in Peru. i'll sink wash if need be.

i will have two pairs of shorts. one are Prana, the other is Kuhl. my jeans, have not been worn in almost 3 years.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I stopped at the Eddie Bauer store and they had their teavex pants on sale for 50% off. I believe this is what some refer to as the guide pant. I tried them on and was very impressed with the material. Left with a 35 dollar pair of pants in olive.

bruno59

WKR
Can you actually fit anything the side zippered pocket?
If you get the wrangler comfert flex cargo pants at walmart instead of target they have both side cargo pockets which are bigger same pants just different pocket layout

Rokwiia

WKR
Last edited:

Tradchef

WKR
Look on geartrade for the Zion’s. I’ve picked up brand new ones for $50 and under. They might not have your size all the time but it’s worth looking.

Squirrels

WKR
I stopped at the Eddie Bauer store and they had their teavex pants on sale for 50% off. I believe this is what some refer to as the guide pant. I tried them on and was very impressed with the material. Left with a 35 dollar pair of pants in olive.

You will end up with more and eventually retire your collection of jeans, if you are a jean wearer. That’s what happened to me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadnWest

WKR
Love my Costco UB tech pants. I have 3 pair. I have tried the wranglers as well, do not care for the fit of the wrangler.

I have to two pairs of the wrangles. one super light pair thats all polyester and one is a little heaver duty that is is polyester and nylon. For the price very had to beat. The lighter of the two is a pro move for warm weather

BCSteel

FNG
Went and tried on the Eddie Bauer guide pants in multiple sizes because of the 40% off sale. They're either way to tight in the legs or way to loose in the waist. Too bad because they are the type/weight of material that I've been looking for. I guess the prana's are up next.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I love the Vertx pants, You can get them in multiple camo and solid colors as well as tall sizes. Fit is great and the pockets lay flat so they look great for just walking around

SoDaky

WKR
Wranglers are great.For $25,hard to see anything beating them.Suspect they won't remain that cheap long.

Wranglers are great.For $25,hard to see anything beating them.Suspect they won't remain that cheap long.

I'm in the process of trying a slew of different pants and I am ending up wearing the Wranglers everyday. Although, for cooler (under 60) weather, the Kuiu Attacks may be the ticket.