Has anyone used the COSTCO Trekking Poles?

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
They are on my list to get this year. You can find them on amazon as well but I think you want the quick lock ones which are around $10 more. there have been a few threads on them.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used them for 5 years and had my full wieght on them more than once without issue.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
I have a set. I’ve collapsed one once. My biggest complain is how hollow they sound. They make a clangy sound when you hit rocks or wood.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Andrew Skurka did which is what prompted me to give them a try. Have a couple of seasons on them and they’ve held up great for me. I’d buy them again.

LWC

FNG
What brand are these? Are they Costco? Someone mentioned that they were on Amazon. Thanks

Mine have held up great. Have two pairs. One time I broke the middle section either on rocks getting it wedges or I used it to swing at the dogs as they pinned an elk calf. I was able to order a replacement section for $9 shipped I believe straight from cascade mountain tech. I believe the break was my fault and I’m even happier the fix was so affordable.

My daughter used them as recently as yesterday and my kids have been using them now for the last 3 or 4 years. They are, without a doubt, the best bang for your buck trekking pole on the market.
c2afd91fb37fd1af135e4c4136baa882.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKironhead

Lil-Rokslider
I have been running the cork/carbon version for the last 3 years. I can't tell you how many miles I have on them but it's a lot. They have survived a ton of abuse in the Alaskan bush. I wore out one set of baskets and ordered a new set directly from Cascade Mountain Tech this winter. I'm not saying these are the best thing out there, but for the $ I don't think you can find a better value.

Just echoing the above. I’ve had them for a few years and they’ve worked great! Only set of poles I’ve used and if I ever need another set I plan on buying another pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snakelk

WKR
I agree, these are the best bargain trekking poles out there. I've been using them for years and they've served me well. I've purchased multiple sets for gifts and/or backup.

slowelk

WKR
Two thumbs up from me. My local Costco in Missoula, MT has the cork-handled, quick locks for $29.99 right now, so if they aren't online check in your store.

If I were to complain about anything, it would be that they don't collapse down as small as some of their $180 competitors, but for the price, it barely enters into the equation. I just wonder what can possibly be the material difference to justify $150 of extra cost...