Has anyone used the COSTCO Trekking Poles?

duchntr

WKR
Broke 2 pairs, but for the price hard to beat considering I've also broke 150$ poles. The better quality poles do last longer but if your mainly on trails and only use them for pack outs you'll probably be happy with them.

Two thumbs up from me. My local Costco in Missoula, MT has the cork-handled, quick locks for $29.99 right now, so if they aren't online check in your store.

If I were to complain about anything, it would be that they don't collapse down as small as some of their $180 competitors, but for the price, it barely enters into the equation. I just wonder what can possibly be the material difference to justify $150 of extra cost...

The difference is in the direction the carbon fiber is layed or wound and supposedly the more expensive poles come with stronger carbon. I think I would rather the weaker carbon and be able to replace each piece individually if they were to break. I have 3 plus years on one set and 2 years on another with only one middle pole section break that was my fault.

Two thumbs up from me. My local Costco in Missoula, MT has the cork-handled, quick locks for $29.99 right now, so if they aren't online check in your store.

If I were to complain about anything, it would be that they don't collapse down as small as some of their $180 competitors, but for the price, it barely enters into the equation. I just wonder what can possibly be the material difference to justify $150 of extra cost...

The name is what justifies it.

kad11

WKR
I used mine hard for 4 or 5 seasons before I snapped them both on a particularly tricky packout this past season. I bought a new set this spring.

I got the cork handled, flick lock ones on Amazon two years ago. Beat the fool out of them and they are still going. Great bargain!

I’ve got a pair myself and been happy with them so far. Those that have broken them, has it been from them slipping between rocks and then being bent over? I’ve had that happen once and immediately made myself let go of it before I broke it, but I wasn’t in a position where I was going to fall down a mountain doing so.