MSR windburner vs jetboil

sneaky

"DADDY"
Windburner or Reactor. MSR isn't anti hunting like Jetboil

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
I'm an MSR guy.. My Windburner is top notch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi all,

I'm looking for a backpacking stove. I've narrowed it down to these 2 brands. Not sure which. Jetboil seems to have several types that could work. I'm looking for thoughts experiences of either. I'm also a little concerned about the 1 liter size. Is that big enough for a guy to eat a good sized meal? Like the idea of having an all in one system, like the skillet from msr. Anything else to consider? Any advice? Experiences?

Thanks

I’ve used both a bunch and the MSR stoves are just flat out better IMO. The self contained burner units in the Windburner save a lot of fuel no matter how windy the conditions. And the 1 liter is the perfect size. I use mine to eat all my meals out of. Just get yourself a long handled spoon and you’ll be golden.

When we were comparing which stoves to put in our store, MSR won the day over jetboil in all our field comparisons in warm and cold conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O

Ogrenerd

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah so it sounds like msr is the way to go here. But I just want to confirm that the single and duo are interchangeable. I have kids that will be coming along at some point and I'd like to be able to feed them too. 3 kids actually.