Lightweight Hooded shirt?

Pilgs

FNG
I recently bought a pair of REI pants that are very similar in weight to the Sitka Ascent pants as far as I can tell, just not camo.

I'd like to buy a thin/lightweight hooded long sleeve shirt as well. It doesn't need to be camo. I plan to use it on my August deer hunt.

Any suggestions that won't break the bank?

Thanks,

Eric

REI has some of those as well. Picked one up the other week. Dont know the specific name but its a decent piece. I was looking for something similar to the sitka lightweight hoody

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Bulldawg

WKR
Sitka Lightweight hoody has been pretty legit for me so far I wear it non stop when I hunt and sometimes fishing depending on the day. I don't have any of the first lite stuff but they have a good rep for having some pretty awesome stuff too.

Fitzwho

WKR
Under Armour makes a lightweight hoodie, believe the camo version is the ninja hoodie or something like that. They also make a fishing version with a built in buff called the Coolswitch Hoodie, I have four colors of the non-hooded shirt with this coolswitch fabric that I wear all the time.

Orvis makes some as well, check out the drirelease hoodie.

I haven't tried the Sitka LW Hoodie, but have heard a lot of good things.

Jeffh0214

FNG
I basically live in a Duckworth Vapor Hoody. It works great as a sun shirt while hiking and I wear it on early season hunts as well. I find that the merino blend really keeps the odor under control too after multiple days.

I think backcountry.com has some in a "spruce" color in stock. Access Denied

Stid2677

WKR
I really like a wind shirt, my favorite is the Patagonia Houdini 3.6 oz, great wind breaker and can take light rain. I sweat like a horse when moving and always soak my shirt, then get cold when I stop. I now just wear my Houdini and even if I get sweaty the wind shirt does not get soaked. When I stop I just shake it off and put it back on. Can throw my puffy on over it and that keeps my puffy less funky. One of my "don't ever leave it behind" items.

bn9VKmuh.jpg

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Houdini is an awesome piece for sure. I use it a ton.

I just got one of those new aerowool wick hoodies and am impressed with the fabric hand. If it works as well as the previous gen aerowool or better than that’s also a piece to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the lightweight firstlite hoody. Only used 1 day but impressed so far.
I also have a Simms solar shirt. Its white but I've hiked a ton in it.

P Carter

WKR
I have a Columbia PFG hoodie in white that I wear practically all summer. Also an Under Armour one in green. It's a bit heavier but gets the job done. I believe it's the UA tech popover hoodie. Pretty good for under 30 bucks.

OP
P

Pilgs

FNG
Thanks for all of the responses. Looks like I have a quite a few options to research. This is exactly what I needed.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I recently bought a pair of REI pants that are very similar in weight to the Sitka Ascent pants as far as I can tell, just not camo.

I'd like to buy a thin/lightweight hooded long sleeve shirt as well. It doesn't need to be camo. I plan to use it on my August deer hunt.

Any suggestions that won't break the bank?

Thanks,

Eric

The Core Light Weight hoody is a great piece. It is identical to the core LTWT LS but it comes with a hood and a built in facemask. The fit is true to size so there is no need to size up or anything.

snowplow

WKR
FYI

Outdoor research has an unlimited lifetime warranty. So l use them whenever possible.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

OP
P

Pilgs

FNG
Are you guys wearing these hooded shirts as the base layer, or do you have something under it?

My hunt is Nevada in August, so I'm thinking I'll want something that can be worn next to skin when it's hot, but as the second layer in mornings if it's cool.

Bulldawg

WKR
I can’t wear long sleeve shirts without a T-shirt on underneath it. So I have the Sitka t under the core lightweight hoody if I want I can take it off and rock the T-shirt otherwise I have the hoody on

Are you guys wearing these hooded shirts as the base layer, or do you have something under it?

My hunt is Nevada in August, so I'm thinking I'll want something that can be worn next to skin when it's hot, but as the second layer in mornings if it's cool.

Firstlite hoodie ( Chama I think and is being replaced with a new fabric this season I think) . I've worn this in many regions in all seasons and it ventilates pretty good with the low chest zipper. Very functional in a variety of temps but can get a little hot if your hiking hard in the 70's or above.

Not sure what you are looking for. For camo hunting I have both a Chama hoody and a core lightweight from Sitka. I like both with a slight preference for the Sitka. I have used the face mask more than I thought I would. I have been eyeballing the apex hoodie from Sitka but don’t really need it and it is $$$.

I have been doing more hiking and some fishing so I wanted a few lighter colored and non camo options so I did a bit of research. I wanted something for sun protection mainly.

I landed on a couple.

COLUMBIA - cheap. Feels like a rash guard for swimming. SPF 50. https://www.columbia.com/mens-pfg-terminal-tackle hoodie-FM6132.html

Free fly lightweight hoodie - this is that bamboo fiber stuff. Showed up on my Facebook feed magically after a couple of google searches. I was drunk internetting and pulled the trigger on impulse. Feels nice. Only worn it once and it breathes well. No indications yet of poor durability but I don’t get a great feeling about it from handling it. It is also only spf 20. Men's Bamboo Lightweight Hoody – Free Fly Apparel

Simms and UA seemed to have some good options too.

The KUIU Peloton 97 Hoodie is pretty awesome from what little time I’ve had with it so far. Extremely comfy and super lite!