The Backcountry Hunter's Tripod of Success, By Ben Blakeley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
putting-it-all-together.jpg

Please welcome Ben Blakeley (Rokslide name back country). Ben grew up in northern Utah and still lives there today. He didn't grow up hunting big game but enjoyed upland bird hunting with friends and family. Ben also did a lot of camping, backcountry canoeing, and hiking. Backcountry hunting combines a lot of those activities which is why he enjoys it so much. He is happiest when up in the high country scouting or hunting. Ben's dream hunt would be a full curl Dall Sheep.

Ben believes there are many things that lead to success as a backcountry hunter and his first Rokslide article covers what he calls The Backcountry Hunter's Tripod of Success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking out of that rut is critical. Every new area, season, and unit has something to teach us that benefits the overall preparedness and skill level we take into the woods.

This year I took on the process of breaking my complacency for my elk unit and having to go through all of my gear with a different viewpoint of weight and functionality has been a humbling process.

Breaking out of that rut is critical. Every new area, season, and unit has something to teach us that benefits the overall preparedness and skill level we take into the woods.

That is definitely true! It’s way to easy to get complacent. If you do, you lose out on many opportunities.

Being conscious of your goals while preparing for anything is key rather than just going through the motions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk