Trump Pardons the Hammonds

bsnedeker

WKR
This is quite interesting to me. My feelings aside from the Hammonds, they did serve the time but the feds appealed it. Now Trump has pardoned them. Would a commuted sentence not been more fitting? Will this pardon mean expunged records in Oregon?

President Trump pardons Oregon ranchers who inspired occupation of federal refuge - NY Daily News

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank goodness, now I know that I can freely ignore any laws that I don't agree with! That's how this works right? I'm sure this doesn't just apply to rich cattle ranchers, right????

JWP58

WKR
Ironically I dont think the hammonds endorsed the armed occupation, at least that's what I remember from the ordeal. I could be wrong.

It would appear the hammonds are no oscar Lopez rivera....

bsnedeker

WKR
Ironically I dont think the hammonds endorsed the armed occupation, at least that's what I remember from the ordeal. I could be wrong.

It would appear the hammonds are no oscar Lopez rivera....

Yeah, I think you are right about that. This whole Bundy situation just rubs me raw and I think you're right, the Hammond's just got pulled into it, so maybe this pardon isn't so bad.

OP
A

AT Hiker

FNG
Thank goodness, now I know that I can freely ignore any laws that I don't agree with! That's how this works right? I'm sure this doesn't just apply to rich cattle ranchers, right????

This is why this appears complicated to me. The court did its thing and they were found guilty, served the time that was handed to them. Then the feds came back with an appeal and said “nope, you need to serve more time”.

Now to my feelings, these dirt bags should have served the max time. But our faith in the judicial system was greeted with the ruling on their appeal. From my understanding of how that went down.

tttoadman

WKR
I fully support the BLM and the feds to manage my public lands, but I am getting tired of the federal govt not aggressively enforcing laws and holding people accountable. Fines are purely a cost of doing business to habitual law breakers. They need to lose their livelihood and be made examples to send a message to others. I hate to take this so personal, but these clowns have been trashing one of my favorite places on earth, and getting away with no accountability.

jaredgreen

Lil-Rokslider
I fully support the BLM and the feds to manage my public lands, but I am getting tired of the federal govt not aggressively enforcing laws and holding people accountable. Fines are purely a cost of doing business to habitual law breakers. They need to lose their livelihood and be made examples to send a message to others. I hate to take this so personal, but these clowns have been trashing one of my favorite places on earth, and getting away with no accountability.

That’s a ridiculous statement. What Federal bureaucracy are you watching, that you think they should have MORE power and influence? Mark my words...the day will come, and some places is already here, where these same bureaucracies will come after what you love, (hunting, shooting) using the same authority we choose to give them now. If you believe the government was in the right on this case, you simply haven’t done any research or you are failing to think critically.

tttoadman

WKR

That’s a ridiculous statement. What Federal bureaucracy are you watching, that you think they should have MORE power and influence? Mark my words...the day will come, and some places is already here, where these same bureaucracies will come after what you love, (hunting, shooting) using the same authority we choose to give them now. If you believe the government was in the right on this case, you simply haven’t done any research or you are failing to think critically.

My opinion is mine, and it is far from ridiculous. I am also more than capable of "critical thought". We obviously don't agree on this issue, but I doubt either of us will be changing our minds anytime soon. Not interested in a debate. I am simply stating my opinion.

WRO

WKR
The usfws made it very clear they wanted the Hammonds private land inside the malheur national refuge, they've made numerous attempts to take it. From shutting off their water, to flooding their place.

Their treatment by the federal court was unfair at best. They never endorsed the bundy's, who are a different breed of cull imho.

I'm glad they were pardoned, the feds job of bobbling Bundy case is much more troublesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
A timeline that dates back to 1994, a bit more perspective for us “not in the know”

The timeline for the Oregon rancher-arsonists - Wildfire Today

I'm sure they aren't perfect, but I know lots of ranchers who start fires and a couple who've lost all their winter grounds at times to the blm's fire teams rules.

It's pretty well known that fws wants their land.
a937c2ada5ace5999d064f959ca80e98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TJ

WKR
From Representative Greg Walden

“Today is a win for justice, and an acknowledgment of our unique way of life in the high desert, rural West,” Walden said.

I guess poaching and trying to hide that by setting a range fire are
a " unique way of life in the high desert"!!!

Total BS

Huntnfmly

Lil-Rokslider
Some of you should actually read about this case.
The blm wanted there land and even fenced off the hammonds water source.to make them sell.
This pardon is great news this was a big overreach of the government.
There is alot more to it than just the water I'm texting this on my phone and would take awhile to write it all out.
Once again this pardon is great news it's about time