Trump Pardons the Hammonds

Murdy

WKR
"When a tow truck arrived to move it, Dwight Hammond showed up, leaped to the controls of the scraper and hit a lever that lowered the bucket, narrowly missing another special agent."

Most places, if you did that to a Police Officer, you would be charge with aggravated assault, if not attempted murder.

Huntnfmly

Lil-Rokslider
These fires were over 12yrs ago and one was set as a backfire to protect their winter feed fields.they were not prosecuted until the government lost a lawsuit to the hammonds

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Screw them, the Bundy inbreds, and the whole Sagebrush Rebellion. Criminals and abusers of public lands and national resources. There were in no way treated poorly, despite what conspiracy columns would have people think.

Schaaf

WKR
You can do whatever you want in the eyes of some people as long as you have a ‘pocket constitution’

Reading comprehension not required.

JWP58

WKR
I dont particularly care for the pardon. But as I stated on the previous page, if you dont know who or what Oscar Lopez Rivera did, have fun reading up on him. Our most illustrious supreme leader pardoned him

So this pardon is far from shocking.

Billinsd

WKR
That’s a ridiculous statement. What Federal bureaucracy are you watching, that you think they should have MORE power and influence? Mark my words...the day will come, and some places is already here, where these same bureaucracies will come after what you love, (hunting, shooting) using the same authority we choose to give them now. If you believe the government was in the right on this case, you simply haven’t done any research or you are failing to think critically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are"I'm from the government and I'm here to help." The Nine Most Terrifying Words - YouTube

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Until you need a Police Officer or a Fireman

Ya, we need the Police Officer to come and do an "after action" report after shooting the intruder that broke into our home. And we need the fireman to come and douse our house with water so our insurance claim not only has fire damage on it, but water damage as well.

Billinsd

WKR
Until you need a Police Officer or a Fireman
LOL Comrade!! Nothing against our fine police or firemen that are on the line. This is directed against their management. If you rely on the police and/or firemen you are in trouble. They generally come after the fact. When my dad was having labor union troubles with a union, the fire department 3 bocks away took 45 minutes to get to our burning apts, only to watch the paint on their trucks melt. When my dad applied for conceal permit, the police told him the union did not want to kill him, just run him out of town, and he should do that. No, he was refused a permit. Again, nothing against the fine men on the line. Your mileage may differ.

Murdy

WKR
Ya, we need the Police Officer to come and do an "after action" report after shooting the intruder that broke into our home. And we need the fireman to come and douse our house with water so our insurance claim not only has fire damage on it, but water damage as well.

If you are seriously suggesting we would be better off without Police and Fire protection, I guess we will just have to disagree.

Should we abolish ICE too?

CorbLand

WKR
LOL Comrade!! Nothing against our fine police or firemen that are on the line. This is directed against their management. If you rely on the police and/or firemen you are in trouble. They generally come after the fact. When my dad was having labor union troubles with a union, the fire department 3 bocks away took 45 minutes to get to our burning apts, only to watch the paint on their trucks melt. When my dad applied for conceal permit, the police told him the union did not want to kill him, just run him out of town, and he should do that. No, he was refused a permit. Again, nothing against the fine men on the line. Your mileage may differ.

Wait...you are always arguing that the States should have more rights but then just showed how incompetent the State Governments are?

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
My perspective is that there weren't any good guys in the Hammond-Bundy-BLM debacle. The shooting of Lavoy Finicum caused the BLM to lose in the court of public opinion - at least in the rural west. Trump is an elected official, and that means that public opinion means more than right or wrong for him. The whole thing is unfortunate, and the fallout will be a combination of good and bad. Good, in that it has been educational for the federal agencies involved and they will hopefully do a better job in the future. Bad, in that it emboldens others who would disregard the law.

GLB

WKR
Personally l am ok with the pardon. There is a long history here with bad blood between them and the government. I do not agree with how either side handle the situation. Over reach by the government/BLM and lawlessness is a bad mix.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Should we abolish ICE too?

Maybe.........but we should use the military or a subsect of it, and REALLY control the borders. If that's ICE then so be it.

You know, I have plenty of buddies that are LEO's or firemen. But, how often are the police the first ones on the scene of a crime? Rarely if ever. Yet so many liberals believe it is the LEO's job to protect them. How exactly are they going to do that? I see that the Parkland School in Florida is suing the local police and sheriff's because "they didn't adequately protect them". Showing up after the fact is NEVER going to protect anyone. We need to protect ourselves.....period.

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
I don't disagree that we all need to take steps to protect ourselves. However, the idea that LEO's don't do anything but show up after the fact is crazy talk. Just the knowledge that they are out there keeps many people from committing crimes. Can you imagine how much worse it would be if criminals knew they had no threat of the police catching them? No, I won't rely on them alone to protect my home and family but I'm sure glad they are there making the effort that they do make because it does make a difference in society.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mike7

WKR
When federal prosecuters and federal employees are repeatedly not held accountable for their actions, whereas We The People are always held accountable, and these same federal employees wield increasing power over the people who are supposed to be their masters, then we are all in a lot more trouble than one rancher maybe getting away with some cheap grazing, accidentally burning some BLM land that needed burned, etc.

If you think that the Federal government always uses the legal system in an honest and just way, then you just don't pay attention to our current events or history. If there is any chance that the federal gov't has acted inappropriately in matters such as this, I think people defending them do a huge disservice to the people of this country and actually threaten the survival of the country.

CorbLand

WKR
When federal prosecuters and federal employees are repeatedly not held accountable for their actions, whereas We The People are always held accountable, and these same federal employees wield increasing power over the people who are supposed to be their masters, then we are all in a lot more trouble than one rancher maybe getting away with some cheap grazing, accidentally burning some BLM land that needed burned, etc.

If you think that the Federal government always uses the legal system in an honest and just way, then you just don't pay attention to our current events or history. If there is any chance that the federal gov't has acted inappropriately in matters such as this, I think people defending them do a huge disservice to the people of this country and actually threaten the survival of the country.

Its also a huge disservice when we allow The People to do what they want at their will and defend them just because it was against the Federal Government.