New Sitka Gear Delta Waders Selling Out Quick

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm sure everyone has heard about Sitka's new Delta Wader and Delta Zip Wader that was just released. It looks like Sitka has already sold out of almost every size and style on their site, and they won't be restocking this season for themselves or any dealers that didn't already pre-order. There's definitely a very limited supply out there, don't miss out!

Our shipment is on the way and we have plenty of sizes for all styles still available too pre-order. Our pre-orders should ship out this weekend for free with Priority Mail shipping.

delta-waders-sitka-1-shot-gear_7df13182-fa6f-427f-bddc-ab669c610fd7.jpg

OP
1shotgear

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We still have plenty of Sitka's new Delta Wader and Delta Zip Wader in Marsh available for pre-order! We no longer have any more Timber available.

Don't miss out on your pair! Made in the USA and 100% serviceable. With 38 size combinations, you will get the perfect fit!

marsh-sitka-delta-waders-at-1-shot-gear.jpg

KSP277

WKR
I hope they’re as good as they claim. I’ve shot ducks out of boats that cost half what those waders do.

SoDaky

WKR
Anyone try them?Do they fit like the rest of their waterfowl gear?If so,pass.

I just cant wrap my head around the price of some of this stuff. Ok, you pattern is cool...BUT at the end of the day the material costs do not justify the end cost. Wool is cheap..ish. Nylon and many of the other textiles used in these clothing lines is super cheap. We have driven these prices to the point they are currently sitting.
This is getting to be a little foolish.

I just cant wrap my head around the price of some of this stuff. Ok, you pattern is cool...BUT at the end of the day the material costs do not justify the end cost. Wool is cheap..ish. Nylon and many of the other textiles used in these clothing lines is super cheap. We have driven these prices to the point they are currently sitting.

The market for hunting is a mix between budget-conscious people and wealthy people. When you’re dealing with disposable income, it probably isn’t the worst idea to crank the prices up to see where your core consumer group lies. For Sitka, I would venture to guess that their core consumer is the wealthier individual with more disposable income. So, Sitka can likely charge dang near whatever they want and still sell some units, or completely sell out because people see the price tag and assume that the reason for the high cost is a higher quality garment.

Basically, people buy emotionally and justify logically.

jspradley

WKR

They aren't much more than top of the line Simms waders, and the Sitkas are made in the USA, which is pretty cool

Btaylor

WKR
Looked at the price and spit out my coffee, they can have those I’d put my Drake’s off of eBay for $200 up against those anyday

You prolly dont have to wear much more than a mid weight fleece or a pair of jeans under your Drake's. To duck hunt in them flyfishing waders, you will need base layers a mid layer and a puffy layer, who sells those?

OP
1shotgear

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone try them?Do they fit like the rest of their waterfowl gear?If so,pass.

We have tried them on first hand last year when Sitka came into our store to show them to us. There is over 38 size combinations and they will fit true to size. There is a sizing chart to get you the exact pair for you. It will go off the width of your chest, torso length, as well as foot size.

I say this as an avid waterfowl hunter who usually only misses 4-7 days of waterfowl season a year. I go through waders at least once a year. I have spent $100-$400 on a pair before and gone that route. Yes I have been able to get them exchanged out before because they didn't hold up like they said they would. If you really think about it, most people get new waiters every 3-4 years, and they buy new ones. For a cheap pair that's $200-800 every 6-8 years. For the same cost, you could get the Sitka Waders which have a lifetime warranty, and won't ever need to be replaced, only repaired, and will be of a much higher quality and fit.

I know some people run waders with tears in the boots or in the seams until the end of the season. The Sitka waders are made to be a lifetime wader. They are made in America and the boots are built by a scuba diving company on the west cost. Say they do get a tear in them and water starts to get inside, simply send them back to Sitka and they will fix them for you. They are 100% serviceable and come with a great lifetime warranty.

Sitka_Gear_Delta_Wader_Size_Chart_2f75581c-b558-4d68-909b-6e4ec060a0bc_800x.jpg

Last edited:

FlyGuy

WKR
Still a Hell of a lot cheaper than a Bass boat.

I've got a buddy that liked to rip on me about how much money I had in (Sitka) camo. I asked him "how much did you just tell me you paid for that new boat?" He doesn't bring it up anymore.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

whaack

WKR

I know SITKA is building and designing textiles for their garments from the ground up. This isn’t some random fabric they are buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
So reading through this, even with the warranty, you’re going to need a backup pair of waders, otherwise, If you have to send them back in during the season. I also just don’t see a hard hunter having a pair of these for 10+ years.

On the flip side, waterfowling is expensive, and by that scale, these aren’t outrageous. 1,000 waders aren’t unreasonable if you own a > $3,000 shotgun, >40k in a boat, have a full time job’s worth of labor invested in a dog or pay $10,000 to lease a half acre of rice in Arkansas. There are duck clubs where a membership is $100,000 or more. Guys who like to brag on killing a thousand ducks a season and are paying $4 a round for Hevi Shot are spending 5k or more on ammo a season.

Trial153

WKR
How would waders be repaired if you didnt send them back? How is that Unique to sitka?
Who has a warrenty that you do have to send them back to be repaired or replaced? I have two pairs of simms, a guide pro G3 and simms requires they be sent in. For that matter so does Patagonia

OP
1shotgear

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How would waders be repaired if you didnt send them back? How is that Unique to sitka?
Who has a warrenty that you do have to send them back to be repaired or replaced? I have two pairs of simms, a guide pro G3 and simms requires they be sent in. For that matter so does Patagonia

If you don't want to send them in to get repaired during the season. All you would have to do is call Sitka ask for a repair patch for the waders and they will ship them out to you. It is a waterproof patch that will stop the leak and cover up the tear.