New Sitka Gear Delta Waders Selling Out Quick

Trial153

WKR
If i was a waterfowl hunter i would get them.
My simms been money for me, hundreds of days in them without any issues. I used to chew though a pair of cheaper beathables once a year till i switched to simms

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be interested in hearing how these perform. I don't spend enough days duck hunting right now to justify any waders at all, but that may change in the future. The idea of a modular repairable set of waders is appealing. If you don't spend the whole season wading cold water, they probably aren't your thing though. Kind of like how if I didn't need a quality pack for work and play I wouldn't have a Kifaru setup that could be traded for the waders.

Ozzymodel70

Lil-Rokslider
Hard no. I'll just stick to my lacrosse. as a hardcore waterfowler no way I can justify the price. These waders are not made for the blue collar man with a family.

jspradley

WKR
Still a Hell of a lot cheaper than a Bass boat.

I've got a buddy that liked to rip on me about how much money I had in (Sitka) camo. I asked him "how much did you just tell me you paid for that new boat?" He doesn't bring it up anymore.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

That one cracks me up... dudes I know driving around $75k pavement princess trucks crying about how "I must be rich to be able to afford to hunt so much"

tracker12

WKR
The market for hunting is a mix between budget-conscious people and wealthy people. When you’re dealing with disposable income, it probably isn’t the worst idea to crank the prices up to see where your core consumer group lies. For Sitka, I would venture to guess that their core consumer is the wealthier individual with more disposable income. So, Sitka can likely charge dang near whatever they want and still sell some units, or completely sell out because people see the price tag and assume that the reason for the high cost is a higher quality garment.

Basically, people buy emotionally and justify logically.

I think disposable income is the key. There was a time raising 3 kids I was happy to have a good pair of boots. 35 years later retired and secure I tend to by top of the line equipment. I do draw the line to some degree. I won’t buy a $5000 rifle to replace my Winchester pre 64 guns. But I do upgrade the glass.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
Like anything else, it comes down to having the disposable income and being willing to spend it on extra comfort (luxury). I suspect many of the people gasping at the price wouldn't hesitate to drop the same amount on a pack when they could get a pack that would do the job for half the cost. What does that extra money get you? A little extra comfort in both cases I suspect. Just depends where your priorities are I guess. I haven't decided if I'll drop the money on these or not, and likely wont until they get a season or two under their belt. A $300 pair of waders usually last me 2-3 waterfowl seasons, I'd have to be convinced I'd get at least double that out of these before I commit.

OP
1shotgear

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just wanted to update those that are interested in the Waders, our first shipment arrived today. Our inventory on the site is live now. If you can "add to cart" it ships now, "backorder now" call us for ship date, and "sold out" are gone for the rest of the year.

Check it out:
Delta Wader and Delta Zip Wader

They aren't much more than top of the line Simms waders, and the Sitkas are made in the USA, which is pretty cool
Simms waders are made in the USA, with the majority of them being made in Bozeman, MT. I found a pretty decent deal on a pair of G4Z waders last year ($500), which was still way too expensive for a pair of waders IMO, but I've been wearing Simms for the last 20+ years and needed a new pair. I really can't see myself even looking at anything else unless someone gave them to me to demo.

Last edited:

HookUp

WKR
Sitka is a great company that has amazing quality, fit and customer service if you need the warranty. If I was a hardcore waterfowler I would pick the waders up. The duck oven jacket has a huge following in the waterfowling community, its mind blowing the size and weight of that coat considering how warm it.

OP
1shotgear

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We just received another shipment of Marsh Waders if you're still trying to find your size in stock. Again, if you can "add to cart" it ships now, "backorder now" call us for ship date, and "sold out" are gone for the rest of the year.

Check it out:
Delta Wader and Delta Zip Wader

sneaky

"DADDY"
So reading through this, even with the warranty, you’re going to need a backup pair of waders, otherwise, If you have to send them back in during the season. I also just don’t see a hard hunter having a pair of these for 10+ years.

On the flip side, waterfowling is expensive, and by that scale, these aren’t outrageous. 1,000 waders aren’t unreasonable if you own a > $3,000 shotgun, >40k in a boat, have a full time job’s worth of labor invested in a dog or pay $10,000 to lease a half acre of rice in Arkansas. There are duck clubs where a membership is $100,000 or more. Guys who like to brag on killing a thousand ducks a season and are paying $4 a round for Hevi Shot are spending 5k or more on ammo a season.
Yep, I've seen leases in Arkansas for close to $50k, for about twenty acres of field. 4 acres of it flooded timber. So, basically paying $12.5k/acre to hunt the timber. For a duck. A duck that 99% of them don't even eat. These waders are the least of their expenses.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
So reading through this, even with the warranty, you’re going to need a backup pair of waders, otherwise, If you have to send them back in during the season. I also just don’t see a hard hunter having a pair of these for 10+ years.

On the flip side, waterfowling is expensive, and by that scale, these aren’t outrageous. 1,000 waders aren’t unreasonable if you own a > $3,000 shotgun, >40k in a boat, have a full time job’s worth of labor invested in a dog or pay $10,000 to lease a half acre of rice in Arkansas. There are duck clubs where a membership is $100,000 or more. Guys who like to brag on killing a thousand ducks a season and are paying $4 a round for Hevi Shot are spending 5k or more on ammo a season.

2nd guy to quote Poser!

I fondled an early set of these Sitka waders - drool worthy for sure. If I was a serious waterfowler and had extra sheckles I'd jump on them. Just amazing and, for the money (key point), a good value. Kind of like Simms Exstream for $800.

For me, not going to do it and will stick to my ancient Simms boot foot waders. Compared to the trip, gun, boat, truck, etc, these and the Sitka jackets, IMHO, are a good value.

We're a lucky bunch in that we can head to the field with an older rifle, non-top-notch-gear and do just as well as people who drop tons of cash on the latest tech. When I drew a sheep tag I hunted out of an old Subaru and parked next to another guy who drew a tag who drove up with lifted/new diesel pickup - who "couldn't afford" Sitka gear. Get real.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04