OBX North Carolina

cg2737

WKR
My family is headed to the Outer Banks of North Carolina for a beach trip. I know this is a Western forum, but could anyone suggest a fishing guide for an inshore trip?

Thanks
Chris.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
What part y'all headed to? Unfortunately, I haven't been out with any guides, but I'll ask around. Plan on bringing stuff to surf fish if you have it. Probably one of my favorite ways to fish just posted up on the beach with shrimp or cut bait on a bottom rig. Depending on your vehicle, there is beach access north of Corolla and down at Hatteras where you can park at your spot and fish right there, driving up and down the beach hunting the fish. I'll let you know if I hear of anyone recommended.

adamm88

WKR
Get stuff to surf fish and take a class. I took a class(sort of a guide) the last time i was there and they were great, they showed setup, how to read water ect. Plus if go to the beach somewhere else you can take the knowledge/Gear else where. Im not a big bait fisherman but i loved sitting on the beach surf fishing, Its so peaceful. The place i took the class from was up in the north around Duck i believe.

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
Matt Lusk has been killing it recently. Feel free to shoot me a PM to chat. I spend a lot of time at the coast.

davsco

WKR
definitely go out to the ends of the piers there and check out the live bait fishing for king mackeral and cobia. it is a LOT of fun. and while waiting for a king or cobia to hit, you can cast for blues and spanish mackeral. man i need to get back down there!

OP
cg2737

cg2737

WKR
Thanks everyone for the replies. My wife and two boys have been going to the OBX for many years and we have chartered deep sea and in shore with very little luck. Each time we go they tell us the same thing (man you should have been here last week). I have fished my entire life and know that's just how fishing goes. The boys are 15 and 17 now so they are easier to deal with on the boat and don't get so disappointed when we don't catch fish.

Thanks again,
Chris

OP
cg2737

cg2737

WKR
What part y'all headed to? Unfortunately, I haven't been out with any guides, but I'll ask around. Plan on bringing stuff to surf fish if you have it. Probably one of my favorite ways to fish just posted up on the beach with shrimp or cut bait on a bottom rig. Depending on your vehicle, there is beach access north of Corolla and down at Hatteras where you can park at your spot and fish right there, driving up and down the beach hunting the fish. I'll let you know if I hear of anyone recommended.
Kitty Hawk

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
We stayed in avon last year right on the sound, caught a bunch of blue crab and several sea trout literally off the porch. Was a great time

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk