Truck Claws...anyone tried them?

nrh6.7

WKR
So I found these the other day and wondered if anyone has used them before. At first I thought they were a stupid gimmick, but after thinking about it and seeing how easy they are to install, they could be a good supplement to chains for mud. Maybe to back out of a bad spot and then put on your chains. Not sure I'd want to leave them on, but they could certainly keep you from having to dig out and get covered in mud.

[video=youtube;E0XQhiSTkqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0XQhiSTkqc[/video]

I have had a very similar device, the Trak Grabber, in my truck for a few years. Great concept. Have never had a chance to use them which is good I guess. Can certainly think of times I could have used something. Compact and simple addition to the rig.

Owenst7

WKR
Looks like a real great way to blow up a ring and pinion, shred a fender, or snap a semi-float shaft and have your wheel fall off.

A couple lengths of 2x6 and a hilift will get you out of just about any situation those would.

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
I agree that it doesn't look like the most gentle on your ride system, but if you took it slow it might could work. I sure wouldn't be hammering on the throttle with those on.

ohoopee

WKR
My grandfather, a logger from the Northwest in the 50's, used chain and small logs. Funny, seeing this
reminded me of watching him get a tractor out of the mud using the system. Haven't thought about
it in many years.