Rain in Colorado? Finally getting some?

Wapiti1

WKR
The last few days looked promising according to the weather reports. Any comments from the locals on whether or not things are turning around?

Jeremy

The past couple weeks have been pretty good for the mountains of SW Colorado. Rain has been pretty steady in the afternoons and evenings. Fire restrictions are being lifted and everything is looking nice and green again.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just drove into Colorado last night. There was rain from Fort Collins to Sterling along 14. Sounded like it has rained off and on up by Red Feather Lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dukejb

FNG
We ran through some yesterday between Salida and Buena Vista, and apparently got a little in Colorado Springs while we were out wandering and fishing. The forecast is for more every day this week in Springs and most of the week in Salida/BV. Things are definitely improving. It was nice to drive by Buffalo Peaks and actually be able to see them rather than a giant smoke plume like our last trip by there July 4th.

Sounds like chances up by Red Feather all week also. If I remember I will comment when I get out later this week.

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
Can anybody comment on the conditions around Gunnison? 3-4 weeks ago done a loop from Canon City-Salida-Buena Vista-Col Springs and that was really dry for the most part. Has the Ark Valley gotten any rains yet?

Well, it is hot in western CO,(upper 90's and 100's all summer) with no real rain in the next week at all. We got like 10 minutes of rain last evening. The rest of the state is getting some but from what I have heard, could be wrong, not a lot. I been out in the high country and things are dry. Creeks are low grass is dry and its warm up there. It is not over yet....

OP
W

Wapiti1

WKR
Sounds like its spotty then. Hope that turns in the next few days/weeks. Would like to see some green to help get those horns finishing strong on the game. Little more than a month to go and I'll see it first hand.

Jeremy

Phaseolus

WKR
The Uncompahgre Plateau and Grand Mesa have yet to get any significant rain. We are toasty dry in Palisade. We’ve had about 4” of precip in the last 13 months.

johnhenry

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just a bit west of Gunnison and nothing but hot and dry here. We had one good storm with an inch plus of rain maybe two weeks ago and nothing of signifcance since. Alot of thunderstorms but very little rain hitting very small areas. Irrigation ditches with good water rights are going to start getting turned off soon. The mountain creeks are running at Sept levels. No moisture in the forecast.

Davebuech

WKR
Not enough rain at all here in the SLV. We've had some rains in the past few weeks but mostly just sprinkles. Since July 1 only one good soaker. Creeks are DRY, ranchers and farmers out of water. There is a little green up high and a bit of water but not much. Most of the towns still have Stage 2 fire restrictions. We have had dark clouds and winds most every afternoon but very very little or no rain!

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
Gunnison area has seen little to moderate rains but we could definitely use more. We are now at Level 1 fire restrictions. The upper elevations seem to be getting more than down here in town and it’s starting to look greener.

hit or miss. Got 4 inches across Sunday, Monday, Tuesday last week at my location in the Southern Sangre's. A few miles north or south only got a trace. A couple passing thunderstorms since. More rain expected the next few days.

Hot and dry in Montrose... VERY short periods of rain in the valley. Looks like the mountains have been getting it but I can't confirm that...been working too much!

Red Feather to Wyoming line has had rain almost everyday from Sunday to yesterday. Monday rained off and on almost all day. I got socked in at 8k feet. Sounded like Fort Collins has been getting rain also.