Zinke's review of national monuments - flawed and skewed

OP
durangobrad
Good news is, its still public land, despite what Yvon Chouinard would have you believe.....

And the point of the article is not if its in fact public land or not. Its that our tax dollars paid for a study and report that the administration purposely swayed to favor the value of extraction vs the value of protection and recreation.

JWP58

WKR
And the point of the article is not if its in fact public land or not. Its that our tax dollars paid for a study and report that the administration purposely swayed to favor the value of extraction vs the value of protection and recreation.

Thanks for the abstract, but I dont get facts from the Washington Compost.

And the corruption comment is laughable lol

Say, did they pay fusion GPS to do the study for manipulated facts? I hear they're pretty helpful in the manipulated research info to be used to aid in corruption.

Last edited:

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
And even though the mean people have removed monument status we still can't get the wildfire fuel removed from the forests. I hope you guys in Colorado enjoy your fires, hopefully you will be the only people that will have to deal with the out of control fires that your environmental extremism has helped create.

Billinsd

WKR
Agreed. Most corrupt administration in recent history. This coming from a registered republican.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd have to go all the way back to the last administration to find a more corrupt one, lol. The current administration has been very chaotic, and controversial for sure. Some corruption and swamp creatures for sure. Trump has been the most Conservative president since Reagan. Horrific tweets and 3rd grade grammer makes me cringe, though, lol. I identify as a Libertarian leaning Conservative. Republican, not so much. Bill

Rokwiia

WKR
Agreed. Most corrupt administration in recent history. This coming from a registered republican. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you heard of Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Fusion GPS, Uranium One, I can keep my doctor if I like my doctor, I can keep my plan if I like my plan, using IRS as an attack dog on conservative opponents, meddling in Israel election, Bergdahl hostage swap, Solyndra, spying on journalists (ever hear of James Rosen?), HC's private server, Cap & Trade bypass, etc. The list is too long to continue.

Edited to include the latest. We're just learning that the prior administration funded an Al-Qaeda group in Sudan even after it was designated a foreign terrorist organization.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/07/26/hayward-al-qaeda-group-funded-by-obama-admin-supported-bin-laden-hamas-afghan-terrorists/

Last edited:

gbflyer

WKR
Thanks for the link. I read the whole thing to the bottom, which states that what they did isn’t actionable or illegal according to the judicial experts they interviewed.

I’m sure there are articles supporting Zinke and the administration if one wants to root them out.

I personally don’t believe any President, regardless of stripe, has the right to designate land for anything with a pen stroke, whether that be for extractive purposes or protective purposes. This is why we have a process, and a Congress. Teddy Roosevelt has turned over in his grave so many times I’m surprised he’s still under cover.

OP
durangobrad
Thanks for the link. I read the whole thing to the bottom, which states that what they did isn’t actionable or illegal according to the judicial experts they interviewed.

I’m sure there are articles supporting Zinke and the administration if one wants to root them out.

I personally don’t believe any President, regardless of stripe, has the right to designate land for anything with a pen stroke, whether that be for extractive purposes or protective purposes. This is why we have a process, and a Congress. Teddy Roosevelt has turned over in his grave so many times I’m surprised he’s still under cover.

Thanks for taking the time to read and understand the article and sticking to the topic, others here cant do the same.

Billinsd

WKR

I totally agree with your argument regarding separation of powers and your concern with overly powerful presidents over reaching. Theodore, is what I call TR, his detractors called him Teddy, Google this, it's interesting and important. I know American History isn't taught anymore but it's important. Theodore was our first Progessive President and instead of rolling, he maybe sitting up and cheering someone like Trump, Obama, or a President that usurps power to make themselves more powerful. That's what he did!!! He was very courageous, did what he thought was right, was a avid outdoorsman, made some monumental blunders, decided if businesses were too big, was the first to control big business and pick winners and losers, thus ending true Capitalism, we got Crony Capitalism now, and he championed the outdoors. However, in order to try and control big business and free Capitalism, he giant sized the Executive branch and federal government, and is greatly responsible for the monster leviathan we have now. He's one of our most fascinating. and complicated presidents for sure.

Last edited:

gbflyer

WKR
I totally agree with your argument regarding separation of powers and your concern with overly powerful presidents over reaching. Theodore, is what I call TR, his detractors called him Teddy, Google this, it's interesting and important. I know American History isn't taught anymore but it's important. Theodore was our first Progessive President and instead of rolling, he maybe sitting up and cheering someone like Trump, Obama, or a President that usurps power to make themselves more powerful. That's what he did!!! He was very courageous, did what he thought was right, was a avid outdoorsman, made some monumental blunders, and supported the outdoors. However, in order to try and control big business and free Capitalism, he giant sized the Executive office and federal government and is greatly responsible for the monster leviathan we have now. He's one of our most fascinating presidents for sure.

You’re absolutely correct. TR wouldn’t like your and my sentiments regarding executive powers. Set up and cheered would be a much better description.

Billinsd

WKR
He most certainly would take issue with our sentiments regarding his abuses of executive power.