A random favor....

amp713

WKR
So I started my blog a long while back, dropped it for a bit then went back to using it and am loving doing it way more this time around. The blog tells me if a link from another website was used to direct the visitor to my page. As such rokslide is easily the biggest contributor to my blog visits.

I am not nearly as tech savvy as I should be for my age but I spent a good long while with the themes, customize and settings on wordpress today and made some big changes...

I'm looking for anyone who has been to my blog before to look at it now and give me feedback on the changes. I feel they make it 100x better but I also was the one putting in the time messing with it... after all every kid thinks their finger painting is the best one out there haha

Also I am totally open to any input from first time visitors or even input on things outside of the layout and page changes.

I'll take any constructive criticism and work on it to try to improve.

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
1st critique- put a link to your blog in the post, or at least the name of it.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Ya that's totally my bad even with it in my signature it was dumb not to add it in the post haha

ampedarcher.com

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
Looks good! Easy to navigate and not all crazy busy like some.

Thanks! I feel like it was a bit "busy" before, if that makes sense, it looked more like my note pads as I write out post ideas because I really didnt know how to customize it. I looked at another blog I follow and was convinced I had to make it a better lay out..

I also used lots of four letter words figuring it all out ha

fngTony

Okay Moderator
Staff member
Looks good, I read it a few times before and it is cleaner.

This isn’t directed at your current content, just something I try and think about when looking at creating my own stuff: frequency of content is much less important than quality of content. Yes, frequent posts will generate more views, but those posts need to be engaging to keep people coming back.

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
This isn’t directed at your current content, just something I try and think about when looking at creating my own stuff: frequency of content is much less important than quality of content. Yes, frequent posts will generate more views, but those posts need to be engaging to keep people coming back.

That is for sure something I battle. If I dont stay fairly consistent I tend to just put it off more and more but I've got to be careful not to get to pointless with the quicker posts

jspradley

WKR
Good stuff man! I really dig the format, nice and clean, easy to navigate.

One thing I would change though is instead of adding more posts to the bottom of the page when you click "older posts" have it flip to a new page

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
Good stuff man! I really dig the format, nice and clean, easy to navigate.

One thing I would change though is instead of adding more posts to the bottom of the page when you click "older posts" have it flip to a new page

So you talking like click on a link that takes you to a page with links to posts OR just a next page with the next most recent posts? Let me know what you think and I'll find a way