WTS Roksliders Beware

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Roksliders, I have noticed a few classifieds lately that worry me. People that are selling with very few posts.

Warning signs:

New or very few posts

Poor communication

Price seems too good to be true

They get irritated with you when you questions

Don’t want to provide you specific references of other sites where they have feedback

Say they will only accept a personal check (check washing)

Just be careful we are going into hunting season and folks are trying to buy stuff in a hurry and there may be some scumbag opportunists.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Ron and I’ve banned a few of those suspicious ones.

It’s Friday right now and I’m MTN top and about to lose service so Dont anyone pm me until next week on these ones that need banned. You can try Ryan or Justin. Thanks for keeping an eye out

Ucsdryder

WKR
I think WTB/ISO ads are recipes for disaster. It’s easy to reply “yeah I have one”.

OP
hflier

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm thinking this might need to go to the top again.

WISH WE HAD A RATING PROGRAM like ebay and calguns have...Lord know this site has enough activity to make it worthwhile.

WISH WE HAD A RATING PROGRAM like ebay and calguns have...Lord know this site has enough activity to make it worthwhile.

x2

also remember to never use paypal gift to send a payment, always send as goods and services payment so you get the protection

Last edited:

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
I will say, this is why I always send money on PayPal “paying for goods and services” they provide a valuable service by letting us send money electronically, but you also get insurance when they take their cut. To me it’s a no brainer, I just think to many guys don’t realize it

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
It is really not that hard to determine if a guy is a scammer... There will be a few isolated incidences, but for the most part a little common sense goes a long way. Let's NOT turn this site into what others are. I do not see any reason to change what we have right now. The Mods do a great job looking out for everyone's best interests but at some point, you have to look out for your own.

Trial153

WKR
Leave things as is as much as possible. This is the forum on the net for what we do. I am thankful.
Donate to forum if you can.

I’m new here and don’t have many posts because I’m new to backcountry hunting. My trip isn’t until next year, but I’m accumulating gear. I’ve already bought and sold stuff here, but I’ve been on archerytalk for years and have experience. Always pay with PayPal goods and services. This is a really great forum and from the few questions I’ve asked, the other members seem very helpful.

mproberts

WKR
To expand on the general common sense theme... If you are buying a high dollar item always use a buyer protected service like Paypal "goods and services"... If you are trying to avoid the buyer protection fee on a low dollar item by using Paypal "Gift / Friends and Family" or Venmo (which is owned by Paypal) at least look up the other users join date as well as their recent posting history if they are buying items and providing insightful information/questions they are likely not here to scam you out of your $20.