Activists draw WY Grizz tags

Nature photographer gets license for Wyoming's grizzly bear hunt, says he won't: 'Hunters do not have the right' - Fox Newshttps://apple.news/AdJk03ZO-TsyafxhU6r-MdQ

In the article the guy says he’s willing to spend the “$600” to save the bears. Wonder if he’ll feel the same when he realizes it’s $6k ha. I love how he posted a picture of a sow with cubs. These activists don’t realize the hunt isn’t for a sow with cubs. Our nation is in an interesting place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nature photographer gets license for Wyoming's grizzly bear hunt, says he won't: 'Hunters do not have the right' - Fox Newshttps://apple.news/AdJk03ZO-TsyafxhU6r-MdQ

In the article the guy says he’s willing to spend the “$600” to save the bears. Wonder if he’ll feel the same when he realizes it’s $6k ha. I love how he posted a picture of a sow with cubs. These activists don’t realize the hunt isn’t for a sow with cubs. Our nation is in an interesting place.

It is $600 for residents.

bsnedeker

WKR

Just another example of a person who lives based on feelings instead of facts!

If he does pay the 6K (how much do you want to bet he starts a go-fund-me to pay for it???) at least he'll be donating some good money to conservation, which is more than most anti's ever do!

mntnguide

WKR
There was already a go fund me set up for anti hunters by a group called "Shootem with a camera not a gun" promising to pay for anyone who gets a tag that is an anti. But mangelsen is a Wyoming resident so it will only be 600. But yes, it will be the first time he has actually contributed to the conservation and management of Grizzlies, instead of just profiting off them with his pictures. He is one of the most arrogant pricks around here and id be plenty happy if a grizzly decided to take a closer look at him this fall...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oregon

WKR
Too coincidental. That same dude who drew was featured on 60 minutes not long ago talking about how horrible the hunt will be.

JWP58

WKR
There was already a go fund me set up for anti hunters by a group called "Shootem with a camera not a gun" promising to pay for anyone who gets a tag that is an anti. But mangelsen is a Wyoming resident so it will only be 600. But yes, it will be the first time he has actually contributed to the conservation and management of Grizzlies, instead of just profiting off them with his pictures. He is one of the most arrogant pricks around here and id be plenty happy if a grizzly decided to take a closer look at him this fall...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey now, the kool kids are telling us to have "trailhead diplomacy", ie make friends with the folks trying to take away your right to hunt (or privilege, whatever you think it is). So you be nice to the trendy photog that wants to hender science based conservation.

204guy

WKR
As I posted in the other thread, they can buy all the tags they want. At least they're finally contributing $. They won't likely make it to #8 without a sow being killed anyway. In zones 1-6 the season structure is set up on a mortality quota. The season ends when X number of bears are killed. Anti's drawing tags is super easy to circumvent.

JWP58

WKR
As I posted in the other thread, they can buy all the tags they want. At least they're finally contributing $. They won't likely make it to #8 without a sow being killed anyway. In zones 1-6 the season structure is set up on a mortality quota. The season ends when X number of bears are killed. Anti's drawing tags is super easy to circumvent.

Oh fantastic, so you want to encourage this tactic. Duly noted....

bsnedeker

WKR
Oh fantastic, so you want to encourage this tactic. Duly noted....

There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop anti's from doing this stuff. At the end of the day if anti's start buying up a bunch of tags you are just going to see success rates plummet, once success rates plummet and animal populations grow they state will simply offer more tags. Ultimately I don't think this tactic is going to change anything at all except to put more money into conservation.

204guy

WKR
Encourage it? You're letting your emotions cloud your reading comprehension. Without emotion, I'm simply stating that with the DMA zone being a mortality quota, anit's drawing tags and not hunting is easily circumvented in the future. The 12 tags for the recovery zone is a different story.

K

Kootenay Hunter

So if a bunch of antis keep getting tags and success rate for the hunts is close to zero, would more tags be issued eventually?

LandYacht

WKR
I think it’s great that these guys are contributing to the conservation of hunting. This is most likely the first dollar they will have ever contributed towards any of the animals that we all pay yearly to conserve.

The fact that they don’t want to shoot them doesn’t tarnish a thing. The majority of hunters don’t tag out, so it’s just one more tag that will be available for next year. The fact that there is now even more people willing to pony up to conserve our wildlife is even better. Every dollar that they put into a tag is one less dollar that goes to the anti agenda.

Mike7

WKR
Oh no, didn't you hear Yvon Chouinard whining that some anonymous guide in Jackson said he was going to kill a sow as soon as he could........right.

Yvon Chouinard - Save the Yellowstone Grizzly - YouTube

I just wish people like Yvon could be honest with themselves and others, just for even a minute...

"Hello, my name is Yvon. I make some damn good clothes. I like fishing."

"I tolerate hunting, for now. But I feel that no predators should be managed, and certainly no predators should ever be killed, especially by hunting."

"I use code words like "trophy hunting", which actually means that hunters selectively go after only a large old male bear, and then on the other hand I also say crap that not only is exactly the opposite of this but also makes no logical sense, like hunters and outfitters want to kill sows with cubs and thus close down their own season. I say these diametrically opposed things, because I am just playing on the emotions of the general public who can donate money toward causes that I believe in. And these people are in large part just urban dwellers anyway, who don't understand enough about the history of conservation or game management to make an informed decision one way or the other."

JWP58

WKR
I think it’s great that these guys are contributing to the conservation of hunting. This is most likely the first dollar they will have ever contributed towards any of the animals that we all pay yearly to conserve.

The fact that they don’t want to shoot them doesn’t tarnish a thing. The majority of hunters don’t tag out, so it’s just one more tag that will be available for next year. The fact that there is now even more people willing to pony up to conserve our wildlife is even better. Every dollar that they put into a tag is one less dollar that goes to the anti agenda.

So you believe the wy g&f will continuously add the number of tags not filled to the following yrs quota? That sure would be nice if this were imagination land.

204guy

WKR
So you believe the wy g&f will continuously add the number of tags not filled to the following yrs quota? That sure would be nice if this were imagination land.
Do you understand how the DMA zones work? By your rantings here I'm going to have to assume no. You might be able to better able to further your position if you know wtf you're talking about.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk