Activists draw WY Grizz tags

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
If they want to buy a license and tag god bless em. Its money in. Its one less person out in the field. Its one less animal harvested, likely upping the tag quotas for next year. They’re not out in the field being obnoxious or ruining my good time.

JWP58

WKR
Do you understand how the DMA zones work? By your rantings here I'm going to have to assume no. You might be able to better able to further your position if you know wtf you're talking about.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes I have read the regs, but thanks for your polite concern.

FlyGuy

WKR
Yes I have read the regs, but thanks for your polite concern.
Dude, are you just trolling to get people stirred up for your own amusement? We get it, you don't like it. Nothing you can do about it though. Antis have the same rights as we do to put in for tags. You're acting like you have saved 20 years of points for this hunt.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
Hey now, the kool kids are telling us to have "trailhead diplomacy", ie make friends with the folks trying to take away your right to hunt (or privilege, whatever you think it is). So you be nice to the trendy photog that wants to hender science based conservation.

I've never once in my life been called cool. Since that's out of the way, I think the point is to refrain from being obtuse (Shawshank Redemption!!!) and communicating our position like a human being instead of, well, like a grizzly bear.

As for the tag situation, it seems like the WGFD knew this was going to happen so they provided some counter measures in the regulations. Learn, adapt, repeat.

JWP58

WKR
Dude, are you just trolling to get people stirred up for your own amusement? We get it, you don't like it. Nothing you can do about it though. Antis have the same rights as we do to put in for tags. You're acting like you have saved 20 years of points for this hunt.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

What is this "trolling" you speak of?

LandYacht

WKR
So you believe the wy g&f will continuously add the number of tags not filled to the following yrs quota? That sure would be nice if this were imagination land.

They will if the population supports it. In reality, just like imagination land, if someone is issued a tag and they don’t notch that tag, for whatever reason, the odds are the animal will be around next year. This is a big part of what determines how many tags are issued in any given year.

One would deduce then that if the tag wasn’t filled, there is a great chance that it will be available again the following year, all other variables being equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

204guy

WKR
Yvon called... he was pissed, said he wanted his R1 back. I told him he had to donate to BHA and give the keynote speach. Still haven't given him his shirt back..P8101870.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mike7

WKR
I consider it a win - win for 204guy. He donates through Yvon to game management, and he still gets the use of a great outdoor shirt.

Except for when Yvon helps get the grizzly hunt shut down, but people on here still claim he is a hunter because he gave a speech at a BHA rendezvous

As I posted in the other thread, they can buy all the tags they want. At least they're finally contributing $. They won't likely make it to #8 without a sow being killed anyway. In zones 1-6 the season structure is set up on a mortality quota. The season ends when X number of bears are killed. Anti's drawing tags is super easy to circumvent.
On the shootemwithacamera site they're caiming #2 is not hunting either

That’s ok- let them not hunt. The quota will just go up next year. I live in Jackson hole and their is so much drama going on here about this. But whatever. More money for the G&F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Except for when Yvon helps get the grizzly hunt shut down, but people on here still claim he is a hunter because he gave a speech at a BHA rendezvous

Just because you are a hunter doesn't mean you have to agree with every hunt that is available, nor every method of hunting. Not saying I like the guy, just saying because he disagrees with a hunt, doesn't mean he is not a hunter.

This will be like the wolf hunts, you will hear about it for a couple years, then it will trickle away. Idaho has been holding wolf hunts for 6+ years. Have you really heard much about it since about year 2?

The buying of tags and then not hunting is not a new strategy, its been going on for years. Why do you think Idaho has a second draw for tags that weren't purchased? Let them do it, its perfectly legal and if it makes them feel better, so be it.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Having the hunt back is huge step in a new direction! Be glad it's gotten this far!

We had out hunt shutdown, even though we have +15k griz kicking around, due to war on the hunt by 'eco' companies like Lush and the sort. The gov't decided to ignore science and politicize the hunt, score big votes with the bleeding city dweller hearts.

mvmnts

WKR
Having the hunt back is huge step in a new direction! Be glad it's gotten this far!

We had out hunt shutdown, even though we have +15k griz kicking around, due to war on the hunt by 'eco' companies like Lush and the sort. The gov't decided to ignore science and politicize the hunt, score big votes with the bleeding city dweller hearts.

Had no idea about the Lush campaign, but I'm not surprised. No more gifts for the girlfriend from them.

K

Kootenay Hunter

jspradley

WKR
As annoying as it is on principle at least they are putting their money where their mouth is for once.

State wildlife departments will just up tag allocations in response so they really arent accomplishing anything to damage hunting opportunity in the long run

I have also read that the state has limited each hunt to 10 days, to prevent a single anti hunter with a tag from keeping other hunters out of the field.

I can attest that #12 on the list is a hunter. If, somehow, they make it to him, I'm planning on trying to film his hunt for him.