Wild Game Processors in Fairbanks?

mproberts

WKR
I've tried googling this, but all that comes up is Delta Meats in Delta Junction. Does anyone know of any other processors in the Fairbanks area? As always any help is appreciated.

I've been using JT Meat Wild Game Processing off of Bradway Rd, just on the outskirts of Fairbanks. He turns stuff around quickly and great quality. He charges slightly more if the meat is De-boned. Hopefully will be able to use him a few more times this year. I have all my own processing equipment but for what he charges I can't justify spending the 8-10 hours doing it all myself anymore. Best of luck and if you have any specific questions please let me know. He only processes, does not do specialty items.

I've also used Santas Smokehouse, I'd rate them decent for processing, but I like JT better.

Delta is the best, but I don't like taking it all the way out there and never have time to meet them in town when they come to pick up meat from Fairbanks. I've used them 6 times for processing and their product always is a notch above, especially if ordering speciality items.

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
Thanks for the info Nick. Do you by chance have a phone number for him? I just spent 15 minutes searching for it online with no luck. I need to call him and Delta to see what the turn around times are to see if we can get some meat processed before having to fly home. I saw Santa, but thought it looked like they only did fish processing. Thanks again for the info, I figured someone on here had to know more than just Delta.

carter33

WKR
I have used santas smokehouse a handful of times and the quality of meat has always been good. They also make great meat sticks. The turnaround times can get long especially in August/September but I would and most likely will use them again.

fatbacks

WKR
Good to know about JT processing. I’ve always discounted it because of the spray painted sign haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
I've been unable to find an address or phone number for this place and I just streetviewed all of Bradway looking for this spray painted sign haha.. no luck

Good to know about JT processing. I’ve always discounted it because of the spray painted sign haha!

JT Game Processing - 907-590-9452 - He usually starts up in August and from what I've seen, he does it pretty quick.

Delta usually takes a good while because so many people use them. I've had two spring bears at Santa's since the beginning of July, but that is for speciality items not just processing.

VernAK

WKR
I know nothing about these processors as I'm friends/neighbors with Delta Meat folks.
Here's their ads:
Interior Alaska F&G Processors
2400 Davis Road
Fairbanks, 907-456-3885
I believe this is affiliated with Santa's Smokehouse.

Mid State Meats
1561 Levee Way
North Pole, Alaska
907-488-0124

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
Thanks a bunch for the info guys. If we have the time or the shipping isn't too bad we will probably go with Delta, but if rushed which I think we might be we will see if JT can turn it around in time, but I appreciate all the info and options. Hopefully we get on some Caribou!