Gun cases and Flying

ndbuck09

WKR
I've been searching around a bit but couldn't find an answer to this specific question pertaining to flying with guns, which I have done a handful of times, just never with a pistol and a rifle: Can you pack your rifle and pistol in a single case that meets all the requirements set forth such as hard sided, not able to open without lock off, key retained by you etc? Boils down to, can you lock two guns in 1 case?

Let me know your experience with this. Flying Delta out of Boise btw.

THanks

BKhunter

WKR
I flew with my 12 gauge and my 30 06 in the same case. Had them in the pelican case and locked wasn't an issue at all.

CX5Ranch

WKR
How much does it cost to fly a rifle?

I'm sure it varies but just curious

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yes, there’s not a limit to how many guns you can put in the case as long as you meet weight requirements. I flew to AK last year with 9 guns in 2 cases with zero issues, i. Fact I’m flying back to AK early next week with 9 guns between 2 cases.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
How much does it cost to fly a rifle?

I'm sure it varies but just curious

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Standard checked bag fee. It’s really easy, you just open it and put a card inside with them and it’s a done deal.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Yes, there’s not a limit to how many guns you can put in the case as long as you meet weight requirements. I flew to AK last year with 9 guns in 2 cases with zero issues, i. Fact I’m flying back to AK early next week with 9 guns between 2 cases.
Just curious....why do you need 9 guns on a hunting trip? Sounds like a good story behind this?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Just curious....why do you need 9 guns on a hunting trip? Sounds like a good story behind this?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Because of bears!!!!

Just kidding.

Not a hunting trip, I live in AK and was working on bringing all my guns from my dads house back home.