Yeti, RTIC, ORCA, what????

CorbLand

WKR
Yep. Totally agree with you...to each their own.
That is the beauty of all of us being unique individuals...we gather and process information differently and come up with opposite conclusions.

I do wonder how their view and stance has affected their sales?
Anyone know? I know they lost my sale to an RTIC this summer...

Over all I couldnt tell you but local sporting goods stores around here are still moving Yetis quick.

Trial153

WKR
If you end up with a colman make sure it comes with the walmart sticker for your truck. MERICA

The April dustup with NRA foundation still has me negative on Yeti. They stopped the program working with NRA but continue to offer discount programs with two other conservation organizations that I sit on committees...which contradicts the statement they released about "discontinuing outdated discount programs"...
They tried to save face in the following week but the damage is done as far as I am concerned.

I wont purchase another yeti product...there are way too many great options out there from companies that support conservation organizations AND support the second amendment. The Friends of the NRA doesn't impact conservation land or wildlife directly...but Friends puts money back into shooting ranges, 4H, boy scouts, local shooting programs for kids, local trap programs etc. We need support for Friends to keep hunter recruitment up...which in turn brings in more P&R money...which in turn brings more dollars to states for conservation of land.

I though Yeti's action did not contain ulterior motives and, was pure as snow?

KJH

WKR
Yep. Totally agree with you...to each their own.
That is the beauty of all of us being unique individuals...we gather and process information differently and come up with opposite conclusions.

I do wonder how their view and stance has affected their sales?
Anyone know? I know they lost my sale to an RTIC this summer...

I wasn't going to buy another yeti, but I would choose another product if I were in the market for another cooler. I'll continue to use the one I have, but won't buy another.

Trial153

WKR
You do realize that Coleman coolers are made in Kansas, right?

Where Are The Coolers Made - The Cooler Experts
I woudlnt have any cause to research were any Coleman cooler was made as they havent been a consideration for any purchase of mine. At least not in the last 15 years or so since better quality of coolers have been readily available. If I had have no interest in them it would stand to reason that I wouldnt care where they originated from, right?

Fatcamp

WKR
I woudlnt have any cause to research were any Coleman cooler was made as they havent been a consideration for any purchase of mine. At least not in the last 15 years or so since better quality of coolers have been readily available. If I had have no interest in them it would stand to reason that I wouldnt care where they originated from, right?

Sorry. Seemed like your post was alluding to the fact that like many Walmart products, Coleman coolers are made in China. My mistake.

KSP277

WKR

When you got more money than sense, you buy a Yeti. And claim it’s MERICA. It’s your dollar friend. Do with it what you see fit.

Trial153

WKR
When you got more money than sense, you buy a Yeti. And claim it’s MERICA. It’s your dollar friend. Do with it what you see fit.
Thanks for the lesson and showing us what a class act you are.

Trial153

WKR
Sorry. Seemed like your post was alluding to the fact that like many Walmart products, Coleman coolers are made in China. My mistake.
No problem. I can see how of it could have been taken like that. I should have been clearer.

I was pointing out how stupid stereotyping people are. If you read a couple posts above mine youd see a poster making reference to people buying a yeti ( or anything) for that matter for a sticker to show your in a club, trying to say that's their primary motivation.
My reference to walmart sticker and Merica was a poor attempt to show it would be stupid of us to think that anyone who buys a Colman fits the walmart and Merica stereotype.
I should have been clearer and more concise.

KSP277

WKR
No problem. I can see how of it could have been taken like that. I should have been clearer.

I was pointing out how stupid stereotyping people are. If you read a couple posts above mine youd see a poster making reference to people buying a yeti ( or anything) for that matter for a sticker to show your in a club, trying to say that's their primary motivation.
My reference to walmart sticker and Merica was a poor attempt to show it would be stupid of us to think that anyone who buys a Colman fits the walmart and Merica stereotype.
I should have been clearer and more concise.

Cmon, you know you got mad bc you have the big giant sticker! Ease up amigo, it’s joke. Money doesn’t grow on trees here. I see 0 reasoning in paying the money for a Yeti. There’s cheaper, way cheaper, options that do the exact same thing. Their cooler designers aren’t the geniuses, but there marketing guys are. There’s way more people that bought a Yeti to say look at me I own a Yeti than there are people trying to keep something cold. I’m sure your just trying to save ice, I get it. It just cracks me up at the things that somehow get a cult following, mainly because they’re expensive. I’m sorry, won’t make fun of your stickers anymore. I love stickers. Have a boatload of em. Just not a Yeti one.

Davebuech

WKR
Cmon, you know you got mad bc you have the big giant sticker! Ease up amigo, it’s joke. Money doesn’t grow on trees here. I see 0 reasoning in paying the money for a Yeti. There’s cheaper, way cheaper, options that do the exact same thing. Their cooler designers aren’t the geniuses, but there marketing guys are. There’s way more people that bought a Yeti to say look at me I own a Yeti than there are people trying to keep something cold. I’m sure your just trying to save ice, I get it. It just cracks me up at the things that somehow get a cult following, mainly because they’re expensive. I’m sorry, won’t make fun of your stickers anymore. I love stickers. Have a boatload of em. Just not a Yeti one.

Ive got a Yeti sticker on my Igloo Playmate. I was under the impression you bought the cooler to get the sticker....damn.

Mosby

WKR
I have a grizzly, an Engel and 2 Orca's. I like them all. I buy whatever I get the best price in the size I need. I think they all comparable quality.

KSP277

WKR
At some point I guess I gotta pony up and admit that there’s a giant size Yeti traveling with me to Montana in September lol. It’s not mine. Belongs to one of the guys in my group, and I’ve busted his balls about it just the same.

It’ll be riding right beside my Walmart Lifetime.

Last edited:
What's funny was 4 years ago I said often that I'd never buy a "performance" cooler. I had friends that had Yeti's and we seriously could not tell a difference in ice retention between them and the Coleman extreme's. I went through 2 of the Extreme coolers in 4 months. I lost them both out of the bed of my truck really messing them up. I bought a third and used it religiously. So, all the "tests" were done with a NEW Coleman's. It had us fooled for a while. Well, I am hard on stuff because I buy it to use. Not baby. I rode that 3rd cooler around for a better part of a year carrying cold drinks in the summer and, going to hunting camp during the fall. The sun really messed that thing up. It is faded and won't hold ice for crap now. It deteriorated it so badly it is literally floppy.

That is why I started buying better coolers. Reality hit that at $50 a pop for the Coleman's, I'm well into the cost of an American made, lifetime guaranteed cooler that I can use my way without worry or, literally wearing it out.

We currently have a lot of choices. So, pay attention to what Kevin Dill said. As most times, it is laced with wisdom. Ice retention between the decently made coolers are only one of the attributes these things offer. Buy the one that fits your needs best. God bless men

gelton

WKR
For me it boils down to two things.

1. What size is the cooler?
2. What am I using it for?

I've got a Yeti 65 whose only purpose is to hold frozen gallon jugs and be filled to the top with ice over those and never opened.

I have two Coleman Extreme 120's, one whose purpose is to hold ice and any drinks, perishables that I may bring along for the trip. The other is full of extra gear.

When we are lucky enough to pack out an elk, the extra gear gets removed from the one 120qt coleman, the jugs and ice gets removed from the yeti, the drinks and perishables get transferred to the Yeti, and the elk goes into the 120qt Colemans.

No way will I ever consider 100+ qt Yeti, Canyon, or Orian - too damn heavy. But yet thats is whats needed for most big game. So the debate here, really isnt much of a debate at all.

Easy peezy. I do like stickers though.