Yeti, RTIC, ORCA, what????

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
The wife has given the go ahead to buy a high end cooler. I dont really think I want to buy a yeti mainly due to price but if I have to I would. Just wondering what others recommend before i drop that kind of cash.

I own a grizzly and love it. It has a lifetime warranty and made in the USA!. Yeti only has a 5 year warranty and RTIC has a patchetic 90 day warranty. Plus RTIC lost the lawsuit to YETI so it has to redesign the cooler.

Trial153

WKR
There is cooler test tread going on here, I think you will find the answer to question in it.

We just brought on Big Frig coolers to our line of products....they are about 1/2 the cost of Yeti and have great coolers and tumblers!! Hit me up and I could get you some price comparisons....plus you can also get your own logo or color pic laser printed on the lid so everyone will know it's yours!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7277a184cba7ad065a9d5e8ecc9658ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jd259

WKR
I own every rtic they’ve made and love every one of them never had a problem with any of them

sndmn11

WKR
I have grizzlys and am super happy with them, I know a few folks with others as well. I think that the performance of various manufacturers are all pretty similar, I think the prices are as well. With that said, I can't see a reason to buy a China made RTIC when there are enough USA made similar price options.

KSP277

WKR
Don’t know what size your looking at but don’t overlook lifetime. 97$ at the Walmart.

Fatcamp

WKR
We honestly prefer Coleman.

The high end ones lack volume and with a little sense less expensive options hold ice for a long time. Leaving $1000 worth of coolers at the trailhead would drive me nuts.

We have RTIC. Nice enough, but really heavy, and lacks volume.

Trial153

WKR
Anyone know if Artic supports any conservation efforts? I looked on their site and don’t see anything.

Don't forget about Orion! They are packed with features and you can get great accessories for them like the Buckboard Cutlery Kit. Check out the 2018 cooler showdown thread started by Travis Bertrand and you'll see just how well they perform too. Oh, and they're made in the USA of course!

LostArra

WKR
We honestly prefer Coleman.

The high end ones lack volume and with a little sense less expensive options hold ice for a long time. Leaving $1000 worth of coolers at the trailhead would drive me nuts.

We have RTIC. Nice enough, but really heavy, and lacks volume.

The capacity/weight ratio is pathetic for all roto-molded coolers. I own a Yet but it never makes the elk hunting trip. We take a trailer full of Colemans and have returned with as many as six elk and never had a meat cooling problem over multiple days and 900 miles. It would take more Yetis/RTIC/Grizzlys to get the same amount of meat home.

I apologize for the hijack so back to your question. If I just had to have another roto-molded cooler I would get a Wal Mart version, Ozark Trail or maybe the Cabelas version if I had a gift card. I don't mind paying for top shelf items, just not heavy coolers with low capacity.

mvmnts

WKR
They all do basically the same thing, so just pick the one you like the look of and the price. I agree with the others as well about volume and weight. I have an RTIC 65 and it's real nice, but it's not very useful for my elk hunting trips. For those I just go with two giant coleman marine coolers. For the price, if you want a YETI clone, the RTIC is really nice. I own two and I like them a lot.

I’ll second the lifetime cooler for ice retention. Seriously. It is the bomb. Beats my grizzly and my brothers Yeti to death in that department. The only un known about it is how durable it will be. I’ve owned it for almost three months and it’s set in the sun everyday of its life that it hasn’t rained. So far it’s doing great. I was curious as to how well it would do Since the sun is so hard on Coleman extreme coolers. Time will tell I guess. But, they most surely aren’t as durable as a Rotomolded cooler.

There are only two requirements for me in a cooler purchase nowadays. First, it HAS to be made in the USA. To many USA made brands comparitively priced to buy a brand that doesn’t meet that requirement. And, the cooler has to be the right size for what I need it for. I have zero need for a big capacity Toto molded cooler. Zero.