Colorado Leftover Mayhem!

mcr-85

WKR
I was able to get a 3rd season buck tag after 35 minutes. My buddy wasnt as lucky. He got to the submit payment part and it locked up. I tried logging in for him and buying it and they were gone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

KEVINSENC

Lil-Rokslider
Im gonna blame it all on Randy Newberg and the Born and Raised crew, just kidding, at least this way my scouting trip out there is still a benefit and I didnt have to make a whole new plan...maybe next year...

I watched a person lose 3 tags because they were put in the cart to search for the other tags. When it came time to pay, all the tags had sold.

johnhenry

Lil-Rokslider
Checked in with the local agent and they had no problems at all and only 4 people in line. So it seems like the 2 ways in are seperated.
Guess its best to get up early and stand in line.

OP
ckleeves

ckleeves

WKR
Checked in with the local agent and they had no problems at all and only 4 people in line. So it seems like the 2 ways in are seperated.

Wow. Interesting. As slow as tags were disappearing from the list I figured the agents were having the same problems the online sales were.

I should have gone somewhere but couldn’t get excited about standing in line to watch the system freeze. Guess I was wrong. I ended up with a decent deer tag. Not my first choice but it’s still a deer tag so I’m not going to complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't they using the same computer system when they sell them? Why would the computers we are trying to buy the licenses on freeze up, but the local agent can use the system to sell us licenses with no problem?

mvmnts

WKR
Aren't they using the same computer system when they sell them? Why would the computers we are trying to buy the licenses on freeze up, but the local agent can use the system to sell us licenses with no problem?

I am not privy to exactly how CPW has things setup, but as a developer I have a pretty good idea of what's going on. There's probably a single backend application that handles all of the tags, draws, allocations, etc. And then there are frontend applications that can interface with that backend. I, like others here, assumed that with a brand new system, CPW would be foolish enough to have agents use the same application as the general public, but that isn't true. Offices, etc have a separate frontend application running on a separate system, so it did not stop functioning under heavy load.

I wanted to go in person but I had work stuff unfortunately. Buddy of mine went and he had no issues getting his tags. Next year, next year...

Thanks mvmnts. That makes sense. It seems the best way to do it is to do it in person. Sure wish they could find a more efficient way to do the online stuff, maybe let you put your credit card info in first, then pick your license and when you put it in the cart, it is no longer available to others, and you have 5 minutes or so to complete the sale, or the licenses go back to available. I don't know, but there has to be a better way.

Last edited:

geriggs

WKR
I heard the same thing from a friend of mine who stood in line.

elkduds

WKR
The last thing I remember was the CPW guy on the phone stating, "online will be fastest." Bull$hit, dude! I know he knew better, even I knew better. I was in unit 49 building a deck, except for the 50 min I wasted online Tues @ 9. I could have just as easily been in line @ a vendor, but NO, I believed the government guy who said it would be all better this year. What a maroon!
[video=youtube;hxGgnI6kCrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs[/video]

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Wow. Interesting. As slow as tags were disappearing from the list I figured the agents were having the same problems the online sales were.

I was first in line at an agent and it was after 9:10 when I finally got my tag. The guy was a minute late entering my info and after clicking the "resident" button the little circle went around for about a minute and then came back and said "can't verify residency". It then kicked him completely out of the system and he had to log back in. After entering my information a second time and getting past that "resident" page, he entered my 1st choice and it went to the cart, but was gone when he tried to secure it. So he tried my second choice and it went through after several minutes of the little wait circle going round and round.

That "can't verify residency" crap has to be fixed. Two years ago I was in line every Tuesday trying to get my daughter a tag, and every time it came back with that "can't verify residency" the first time they put it all in. Then after entering the info again (exactly the same way as the first time) it finally goes through to inform you that the tag you wanted is already gone. Well duh! Of course it's gone.

I have talked to their system folks about this issue a couple times, and they all say they've never heard of that happening. Sheesh.