Go hunt backpack stress test

OP
J

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
These guys at go hunt literally try to break every backpack on the market. The only thing I regret is that kifaru wasn’t being tested. No doubt it would have performed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
More of an advertisement than a "test". I think their gonna get some hate for it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else surprised at the kuiu results? The frame still snap crackle popped, and the stitches and zipper failed too. Man they destroyed that thing.

Last edited:
Amazing to see how easy stuff broke. Although that was a man bear doing work on them.

mproberts

WKR
Anyone else surprised at the kuiu results? The frame still snap crackle popped, and the stitches and zipper failed too. Man they destroyed that thing.

Comparing the Ultra to the Metcalf feels a bit unfair. The Ultra is like half the weight but still carries 1,700 more cu-in. Like of course it’s going to be less durable. Why not at least test an Icon in an attempt to be fair.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Comparing the Ultra to the Metcalf feels a bit unfair. The Ultra is like half the weight but still carries 1,700 more cu-in. Like of course it’s going to be less durable. Why not at least test an Icon in an attempt to be fair.
Do they have different frames? I agree they really just like to destroy expensive stuff. If you treat your stuff like that it shouldn't surprise you when it breaks. Falling off a cliff now there's a totally different discussion

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
J

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
I loved it, stone glacier and mystery ranch obviously want bullet proof packs and those other companies want to sell packs for profit. Sure they will get hate but I also think guys like this are great for the industry. Guys that aren’t beholden to a product and will talk crap on any product that doesn’t cut the mustard.

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
I loved it, stone glacier and mystery ranch obviously want bullet proof packs and those other companies want to sell packs for profit. Sure they will get hate but I also think guys like this are great for the industry. Guys that aren’t beholden to a product and will talk crap on any product that doesn’t cut the mustard.

Um, they are definitely "beholden to a product". They sell MR and SG packs, not the other ones they "tested".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mproberts

WKR
Um, they are definitely "beholden to a product". They sell MR and SG packs, not the other ones they "tested"

Yeah seriously.. throw in a Kifaru, Exo pack... and an Icon and I will at least say you were comparing similar items in a totally non-scientific test. Don't even bother with those other packs, I think any serious backcountry hunter isn't going to buy a pack without a meat shelf.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
mproberts;993321I think any serious backcountry hunter isn't going to buy a pack without a meat shelf.[/QUOTE said:
I don't know a single person that uses a meat shelf but I can see it as a handy feature some times.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
The test does show that price difference between the junk and a good pack is pretty close. From a vaule standpoint you cant argue with those results. For a little more thought and money you can buy a quality product vs some semi disposable junk.

CorbLand

WKR

All those companies want to sell their bags for profit.