out of state hunter CO

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
You've certainly come to the right place to ask. All good info so far, but I'll second the notion to make sure you have all your hunter's safety and licensing in order. That will put an end to this hunt before it starts if you don't ensure that's squared away. I'm also pretty certain you may be able to find someone to hunt with. While most hunters keep their spots close to their heart, I think coming for your first hunt from another country is a perfect opportunity to help a newbie out.

This will be a fun story to follow. Keep us updated!

OP
J

joebman

FNG
Thanks for the advice on the hunter safety and licence bits.

That was the first step. I got that sorted long ago.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I live on the boundary of 751 if you need some help or advice I can point you in a direction from a locals stand point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going on my first elk trip this year or I would offer to be of some assistance. Are you going to be here for a while or just over for the hunt and back home ? If you wanted to hunt my neck of the woods I would offer to take you out for whitetail / Sika... I think it would be awesome to put a traveler from another country on a deer, how often do you get the chance to do something like that ? If I was traveling in Europe and someone helped me out I would be grateful. Good luck !

You should be able to take 50 lbs of meat home as a checked bag, two would be 100 lbs. A processor might be willing to cut, package, and freeze it for free in exchange for over half the meat and that would avoid legal/waste issues as well.

You should be able to take 50 lbs of meat home as a checked bag, two would be 100 lbs. A processor might be willing to cut, package, and freeze it for free in exchange for over half the meat and that would avoid legal/waste issues as well.
Except that it is illegal to use game meat to barter or as payment.