reading recomendations

Ghost Grizzlies: Does the Great Bear Still Haunt Colorado - David Petersen - Just a good read that demonstrates the inner workings of wildlife management and has enough intrigue to keep you wondering.

The Last Season - Eric Blehm

SWOHTR

WKR
I Second the Big Burn

Wilderness warrior is a complete text of what TR did; dense but good book

Non-conservation: The Caine Mutiny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
Extreme Ownership, Volume II

How U.S. Navy SEALs Actually Kill Things and Never Take Time to Read When on a MISSION.

Lead and Win- Willink & Babin

- Really good book to focus you on the task at hand, hunting

skifunk2

FNG
For some light hearted reading... anything by Bill Heavey( field and stream) he’s got a few books that are fun and easy reading.

Shadow14

WKR
Crow Killer, American Serengeti, The River of Doubt, get into some Louis L'amour awesomeness, but I also love me some Mitch Rapp or Scot Harvath spy books too

^^^

Some of my good recent reads :

Miracles and Massacres / Dreamers and Decivers - Glenn Beck
5000 Year Leap - W. Cleon Skousen
Cash: The Autobiography - Johnny Cash
Radical - David Platt

Can't leave out Zane Grey
anything by A.W Towzer

Extreme Ownership, Volume II

How U.S. Navy SEALs Actually Kill Things and Never Take Time to Read When on a MISSION.

Lead and Win- Willink & Babin

- Really good book to focus you on the task at hand, hunting

Quick read, but a good one.

I really enjoyed The Last Ridge, the recent telling of the history of the 10th Mountain Division’s formation, preparation and mountain warfare during WWII.

KJH

WKR
This reminds me of a similar but off topic. I know guy well in Alaska who goes to the used book store and buys a couple of old light paperbacks for each trip. I guess they are less than a buck each... selection varies. Then as he reads, he tears the read pages out and uses it as dry paper to start his fires. He keeps them in a ziplock. He always has a dry fire starter. I guess its a dual purpose, but not for everyone.

The book I read last week while traveling was "The Vanishing American Adult" by Ben Sasse. He's a senator, but the book isn't political. It was very good and really gets you thinking about a lot of things. I highly recommend it. Obviously not outdoors related, but worth the read for sure.

Excellent recommendations above (Rinella, McCarthy, Wessels), some I'd like to add:

A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold
Should the Tent be Burning like That? by Bill Heavey
A Hunter's Heart: Honest Essays on Bloodsport compiled by David Petersen

bigmoose

WKR
I like the Lucas Davenport (Prey series) and Virgil Flowers books by John Sandford. I also agree the CJ Box Joe Pickett books are a good read if you can get past the part where Joe, the game warden, busts a guy for shooting a trophy 7X7 bull elk in May. This was in the one of the early books and it does get better.

Beendare

WKR
Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesy - best book ever written.....

One of the best, agreed...but you have to win folks it starts off different.

No Vince Flynn fans? RIP Mr Flynn. Everyone I know that reads or listens to those loves them...a series, best to start in the beginning but not essential.

Besides the hunting books mentioned....if you are OK with Sci Fi but don't have to be psycho about the genre....."Ready Player One" was very good, Really liked "The Martian".....the books are MUCH better than the movies

If you like real world stuff and are somewhat interested in medicine, "Medical School for Everyone" from, 'The Great courses' was very well done

Just finished, "Born a Crime; Stories from S Africa" by Trevor Noah, its alright if you like real life stories, he presents an interesting perspective of a mixed race man growing up during Apartheid.

bigmoose

WKR
[QUOTE

No Vince Flynn fans? RIP Mr Flynn. Everyone I know that reads or listens to those loves them...a series, best to start in the beginning but not essential.
[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Mich Rapp and also Brad Thor (Scot Harvath) as has been mentioned earlier.

i downloaded American Buffalo to listen to while driving and was totally disapointed...not because of the content but because I am so used to listening to Rinella and the book was read by someone else who just didnt have his flair. I stopped listening and actually bought the book. I know that sounds ridiculous but it was actually annoying to me. anyway, it is a great book. I am getting ready for about 100 hours in a truck with my son on our trip to colorado next week so i am currently uploading a a ton of podcasts and books to listen to in the truck so thanks for this list everyone. totally going to get a few of these to listen to.

gumbl3

WKR
Are we in the same "book club"???

In the Heart of the Sea
Isaac's Storm (Gumbl3, being a Texan, you need to read this)
Endurance by Alfred Lansing

Finally read Issac's Storm.. fascinating how in tune every body was with the environment and how naive they were.. couldn't even imagine 15' of water moving sweeping over in just a few hours.. hell of a read