Parallax Help

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys so I got my new rifle and it has a Leopold vx6hd 3-18x44. My scope has a paralla x adjustment and I never had that On my previous scope. My rifle is strictly for hunting only shots out to 500 yards maximum. Where should I have my paralla x set too? Should I have it set to infinity? Like I said it is for hunting so most times I won't have time to adjust it and I have read that even though it comes with factory yardage increments they aren't accurate any info would be awesome thanks

KSP277

WKR
Leave it there. For what your talking about,you’ll most likely never have to move it.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
On close shots objects will appear to “move” when you shift positions, i.e look through the scope at different angle. The parallax adjustment scope will fix that to a point. Not familiar with the Leupold, but the specs should state to what distance you can correct for parallax. For longer range shots you will probably not have to mess around with it.

Typically, the folks varmint hunting or competition (22lr) where small targets are presented 25-50 yard range are concerned with the importance of this effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Most of my shots will be 50-250 yards so what yardage increments do you suggest I have it on for trekking through the woods? On farther shots I will adjust to specified yardage

I typically leave it at 100 and adjust if needed on long shots.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
Rifle scopes that do not have adjustable parallax are factory set to 100 yards. .22 scopes are set at 50 yards (at the factory). I have two scopes that have adjustable parallax, and they don't seem to be the clearest at the yardage on the knob. When I look through the scope at the target, and set the parallax knob until the target is clearest, when I look at the knob number, it is never at the yardage that I have the target at. When another person looks through my scope, they adjust the knob a little more or less than what I find best. I think it is an individual thing depending on your vision (astigmatism, etc).
In hunting situations, I leave the scopes set on 100, and when sighting at something further than 100, if I have time, I adjust the knob until the target is most clear and not concerned with what number is on the dial.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I leave at the adjusted at the yardage for my rifles zero and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
I have that scope. The easiest thing to do is leave it at the yardage you will likely get a shot at. Mine stays on 200 most of the time. That will work for any shot that doesn't require me to think. So, about 350 yards and in on that rifle.

Out to 500, it doesn't really matter as long as you have it set at 100 or more. The error is small and you, and the animal, won't know it happened. Past 500, it starts to matter more and more.

Jeremy