BHA - misuse of Political Affiliation data?

I am curious why it is The President's fault for the states' decisions on what to do with land?

If your mother passed away and you gave her car to your son, would your daughter ignore his choice to sell it and only be mad at you?
Yep that's my point. Feds should retain control of current land and keep it open for public. States have to maintain a balanced budget. If they have choice between selling off land or raising taxes, it becomes almost inevitable that the land goes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JMF

Lil-Rokslider
At first I was hesitant to join BHA because of some of their affiliations. Now I am hesitant to join because of the people that think they are BHA "super troopers". When I question some of BHA's affiliations these "super troopers" immediately label me a right wing nut who hates public land. Which couldn't be farther from the truth. There are idiots on both sides of this issue, and none of them are doing themselves any favors.

OP
B

Bughalli

WKR
Interesting thread and perspectives. I had the same reaction when I got the email. What came to mind is one of the sayings I dislike the most, but applies more and more the older I get: “don’t hate the player, hate the game”.

True statement. It was irresponsible of BHA to manipulate the facts. There were SO many better paths to take showing unity, equal representation, neutrality, we bring hunters together, etc. These should have been statements that show and support the mission and cause, which is irrespective of party affiliation. But they didn't. Frankly, it was foolish for them to bring in political affiliation into the discussion. The comments above show how "charged" it is, yet we all do want the same thing. No one joins BHA because they lean left or right (quite the contrary). The only positive spin should have been "we represent everyone". People join BHA to protect public lands and access. Anyway, no real axe to grind here. With great influence, comes great responsibility, so they need to be more mindful with their words assuming their motivations are true.

vanish

WKR
I am generally a BHA fanboy and I guess I have liberal leanings, but I too was disappointed with the subtitle of the article.

On second thought, Zinke nixes Interior’s plan to possibly sell public land

On second thought, Zinke nixes Interior’s plan to possibly sell public land - Anchorage Daily News

WASHINGTON – The Interior Department canceled a proposal to potentially sell public land that was once protected inside the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument before its boundary was redrawn, saying it contradicted Secretary Ryan Zinke's assurance last year that he would not do so.

Deputy Secretary David Bernhardt issued a statement Friday taking responsibility for an oversight that led to the bid to dispose of 1,600 acres outside the redrawn boundary despite Zinke's vow during his Senate confirmation hearing, and to department staff members shortly after he took office. "The failure to capture this inconsistency stops with me," Bernhardt wrote.

On second thought, Zinke nixes Interior’s plan to possibly sell public land

On second thought, Zinke nixes Interior’s plan to possibly sell public land - Anchorage Daily News

WASHINGTON – The Interior Department canceled a proposal to potentially sell public land that was once protected inside the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument before its boundary was redrawn, saying it contradicted Secretary Ryan Zinke's assurance last year that he would not do so.

Deputy Secretary David Bernhardt issued a statement Friday taking responsibility for an oversight that led to the bid to dispose of 1,600 acres outside the redrawn boundary despite Zinke's vow during his Senate confirmation hearing, and to department staff members shortly after he took office. "The failure to capture this inconsistency stops with me," Bernhardt wrote.

You are flip flopping. Which is it? Is Zinke the devils spawn for public lands or, did his promise just protect it from being sold? I'm truly confused now as you posted a bit back how evil this administration is for public lands and its conservation. Then posts a thread saying their stewardship is protecting it by refusing to sell it. Which is it?

JWP58

WKR
To the OP, I've been critical of bha in the past but this seems like harmless click-bait.

Where they spend their $$ and where they get it is of more importance to me.