Where to buy?

netman

WKR
Got everything about ready to head westward. Except wind indicators. I would like to buy 6-10 to have handy. Looking for the cheap powder puffers.
Any suggestions where to buy?
Thanks in advance!

muddydogs

WKR
Buy a bottle or two then fill them with baby powder or chalk line chalk. Might have to drill the hole out a little bigger for chalk. The ones they sell in the store are only about 1/4 full and don't last but it you fill one of them bottles up they last for a while. I looked around for a soft squeezable bottle and lid at one time but couldn't find anything that I thought would work good so I finally broke down and purchased a rip off bottle of the stuff and just refill it. Blue or red chalk line chalk works well when hunting in the snow.

oldgoat

WKR
Buy a couple and refill them with glass balloons, you buy them from hobby shops or Amazon, they don't absorb water, they are used to make a light weight filler combined with glue in the making of model airplanes

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Some guys like Corey Jacobsen only use one. He says guys don’t use them correctly. But I see he has some on the Elk 101 site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
Go pick some milk weed pods or cattail heads. Free and work way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I cant remember the name of the company,but one makes some scented ones, deer pee, doe in heat etc. maybe they make an elk one, and i cant remember their name either, lol

sure am a big help lol

oldgoat

WKR
I cant remember the name of the company,but one makes some scented ones, deer pee, doe in heat etc. maybe they make an elk one, and i cant remember their name either, lol

sure am a big help lol

Smoke in a Bottle and I'm pretty sure they used the Microballoons in it, if you guys haven't tried them yet, you need too! And the last thing I want to do when I'm close to getting a shot is getting out a container with milkweed fluff, it's great for setting up with in a treestand, but maneuvering around on the ground in changing situations, I want convenient!

Trial153

WKR
Micro balloons are the ticket. I bought a bottle for like 10 bucks 5 years ago and keep refilling the smaller bottles.

GPool1842

WKR
Black Ovis sells 2 or 3 brands. I just ordered the Jacobsen one from Rocky Mountain about 5 mins ago from BO.