Camo Tape for Tripod

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
What is a good Camo tape i can put on my tripod for hunting, to deaden down sound and glare? preferable one that i can put on and take off that won't leave a residue etc. as I use the tripod on occasion to do photography as well

KSP277

WKR
I’m not knocking spray paint. Camoed a bunch of stuff with it. But It doesn’t go anything to deaden sound. That camo tape I linked has a rubber like texture to it. Kinda like the ace bandage type stuff that sticks to itself, see it used a lot in sports medicine for wrapping injuries. I have no idea what it’s called, this stuff is like an HD camo version of that.

Trial153

WKR
They sell cloth camo hockey tape. I used to to cover a tree stand. .worked well enough I guess. Cant see the need for it on a tripod but it will work, at least on the top sections.

They sell cloth camo hockey tape. I used to to cover a tree stand. .worked well enough I guess. Cant see the need for it on a tripod but it will work, at least on the top sections.

^^^ This without a doubt. Hockey tape is grippy, deadens sound a little, and leaves no residue if you take it off. I use it on all kinds of stuff. I buy the renfrew brand off ebay.

boom

WKR
as soon as you extend a leg, you see a non camo surface, no?

but for a tape. use Gaffers tape. it is for photographers originally i think. it is strong and designed to be removed residue free.

Louro

FNG
Go to ATWOODS or Tractor supply store buy vet wrap a lot cheaper and works the same. Is camo too.

tracker12

WKR
I’m not knocking spray paint. Camoed a bunch of stuff with it. But It doesn’t go anything to deaden sound. That camo tape I linked has a rubber like texture to it. Kinda like the ace bandage type stuff that sticks to itself, see it used a lot in sports medicine for wrapping injuries. I have no idea what it’s called, this stuff is like an HD camo version of that.

Why do you need a tripod if you are in hearing distance?

OP
Glendon Mullins

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
A Couple threads asking why i need a tripod for varying reasons, when you predator hunt at night, with thermal scope, you arms get kinda tired scanning the field for coyotes holding the gun up to your eye for long periods. A tripod with a ball head and gun grip (i use pig saddle) helps out a whole lot. The sound deadening i was wanting was for carrying said tripod on your shoulder to where you are gonna set up to call at.

Plus having the gun attached to said tripod, allows you to free up a hand to work your remote to your e-caller, and or use your mouth call etc.

The reason I asked for camo, was to possibly take down the glare from the tripod itself as it is kinda shiny etc.

here is an example in the attached pic of what I am talking about..... hope this clears up any confusion lol Maybe i shoulda said "predator hunting" instead of just "hunting" in my original post
View attachment 78064

check out stealth strips. what a lot of guys use to wrap treestands and climbing sticks to keep noise down. comes in a couple of camo options.

My local WalMart has camo duct tape. I bought a roll to cover some tubing on a climbing tree stand. It will definitely stay "stuck". Problem might be when you take the tape off, it will leave a sticky residue.

OP
Glendon Mullins

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
My local WalMart has camo duct tape. I bought a roll to cover some tubing on a climbing tree stand. It will definitely stay "stuck". Problem might be when you take the tape off, it will leave a sticky residue.

I'm from West Virginia man, hell we use duct tape to fix cars and patch our roofs!!