Contacts

Rokwiia

WKR
I use one day disposable contacts. I wash and rinse my finger tips in the morning and put a new set in every morning.

This. I use one-day disposables as well and your hands can be filthy as long as your fingertips are clean. Use moist wipes.

Lasik is fine and the eye problem rate is low but when you're in the group, it's a living hell. A friend of mine was one. No thank you.

+1 for monthlies

No way i'm dealing with daily contacts, in the dark, with a headlamp, filthy hands, in my tipi every morning. HELL no

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and get lasik. I got so sick of contacts. Had them since i was in 2nd grade. My eyes were terribe and i always worried about loosing one while hunting. I booked a mtn goat hunt and figured i didnt want to worry about them for 10 days (i had monthlies) so i had lasik done a few month before the trip...should have done it earlier

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For what my contacts cost, I could get lasik once every couple years, but my eyes are so jacked up that lasik isn’t an option, so I’ve had to get creative on how I clean my hands. Here is what I found works best:

1) go nuts with some germX
2)baby wipe the heck out of your fingers to get rid of germX
3) use some kind of towel or cloth shirt and really rub your hands dry. I’m talking REALLY rub them suckers dry.

I’ve been doing it this way for about 4 years with no issues, and I have to take them out/put them in every day.

Another thing, the contamination from blood is a big deal, so if you’re wearing contacts I consider good latex gloves a must when butchering