Contacts

CX5Ranch

WKR
Anybody got any good tips for taking contacts out/in every day. I always feel like my hands are super dirty and I'm too tired to care. Maybe I'm just complaining but it seriously is a hassle for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I never did figure it out. Dumped mine years ago and bought two pairs of the same Smith prescription wrap around sunglasses. The impact rated models. One tinted and one clear. I don’t have any optical change since the lenses are practically identical. Best thing I ever did for shooting in all conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Wipes..water or nothing. I just take em out and case em and hope for the best.

RCA Dog

Lil-Rokslider
I used to fight with this until I switched to monthlies. I never did find anything that worked well. Hand sanitizer was the worst, it seems like even though your hands felt dry, there was still some solution on them that got into the contact, giving you tears and red eye for hours. Clean river water was the best, but that doesn't happen often. I was starting to hate contacts, but now that I've switched to monthlies that you don't take out at night, I love them again.

ncstewart

WKR
I sleep in mine. They make some that are rated to sleep in you might try them before you go. Mine aren’t the ones rated to sleep in but I do anyway for weeks at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
LASIK. I was bad about my contacts and would literally the last time I wore them, I left them in until I got pink-eye (somewhere around a year).

Got that cleared up and wore glasses for a week before getting LASIK and haven’t looked back. That was 2 1/2 years ago now. Admittedly, I have had 3 knee surgeries, and LASIK was the most agonizing thing I have ever done, just a lot quicker recovery (6 hours).

H2PVon

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, been wearing monthlies since before there was such a thing;)
the actual 'monthlies' have been a Godsend since they came out. Maybe showing my age a bit.

LASIK. I was bad about my contacts and would literally the last time I wore them, I left them in until I got pink-eye (somewhere around a year).

Got that cleared up and wore glasses for a week before getting LASIK and haven’t looked back. That was 2 1/2 years ago now. Admittedly, I have had 3 knee surgeries, and LASIK was the most agonizing thing I have ever done, just a lot quicker recovery (6 hours).
Yep, dealing with contacts on my very first elk hunt is what pushed me to making Lasik happen. Was expensive but totally worth it to me to never have to deal with contacts or glasses again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
CX5Ranch

CX5Ranch

WKR
Ok I'll check it all out. Thanks

I use one day disposable contacts. I wash and rinse my finger tips in the morning and put a new set in every morning.

OP
CX5Ranch

CX5Ranch

WKR
I checked my brand they are monthly. Even though I take them out every night. Moistening drops is a good point I will throw a bottle in.

I would do lasik but something about a huge laser pointing at my eye and the unknown longterm effects just sticks in my craw

JWP58

WKR
The thing holding me back from lasik is 1. My eye sight isnt that bad (can function without glasses) 2. I only have two eyes, and with my luck....

I work midnights and moistening drops are money at 0600, especially in winter with defrost on.

Trial153

WKR
My optometrist didnt think I was a good candidate for lasik. Two reasons. First my eye sight is too good and second he thought it would push me towards needing reading glasses, something I am still quite a way from.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Acuvue Oasys 2.
Most comfortable/breathable I've found.
Should last 2 weeks or better.

R