What do you listen to?

JoshTX

WKR
Maybe it's just my generation, but I like to listen to tunes when under foot in the backcountry. No tunes in camp for me nor (obviously) when i'm hunting but when walking in or out and especially if hauling meat, I like to jam out. Takes my mind off of the load. I typically run the gamut in music and listen to just about everything. Waylon, Willie, NIN, Mozart, if the load is super heavy, I'm not above Slipknot. Johnny Cash, TOOL, Foo Fighters, U2 and whole lot more.

So I'm curious, who else does the same and what do you listen to?

littlebuf

Banned
I think your right about it being a generational thing. I like to listen to the woods when I'm in the woods. Get plenty of noise back in Civilization

I'll blare dubstep, country, 80s 90s rock, rap, and even classical while im working out with my weighted pack. I haven't listened to music while hiking in yet and I don't know if I will.

I have zero interest in lowering my situational awareness while in the woods. I listen to music while working out, while doing homework, to block out the people noise around me, or while driving. But not while out in the mountains. Silence is something to appreciate as it is increasingly hard to find in our world.

Oh...when I listen to music it ranges from country to classic rock to metal. A real slurry of music actually...just depends on the day.

hard for me to understand why someone would want noise to interfere with the pleasure of being out in nature, or even on my harley just want to here that v twin

None for me unless I am at home or in the truck. I tried running with earbuds once. I spent more time wondering if a dog was on my heels and looking back. I like to be able to hear their nails on the hardball. I don't worry about it but I agree with the situational awareness thing.

amp713

WKR
I am a music junky and listen to EVERYTHING... That being said unless Im hiking out in the dark I generally listen to the nature. Music while its dark kinda helps keep the focus on go and not slow...

charvey9

WKR
I don't listen to anything on the mountain or in the woods. I try to move quiet and listen to what is going on around me. I can't count how many times I've heard a twig snap or a faint mew and been able to locate game just by keeping my ears open. Only time I like to listen to music while running is on the treadmill at the gym.

Bowtech

FNG
I tried to listen to music last year and made it about a mile before to shut it off I have to be able to hear what's going on around me

Trr15

WKR
The only time I listen to music is after dark and in camp when I'm solo. Other than that, no tunes for me.