Pack Weight Breakdown Video

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey y'all, I get a lot of emails asking what my backpack weighs for sheep and goat hunts, so I thought I'd offer this clip that shows the breakdown of everything I take along for a 7-day backcountry hunt.

Hope it helps a bit. This video also includes my "kill kit" with TAG Bags.

Enjoy, and hope your season bodes well for the freezer...Moose is right around the corner!

Larry

[video=youtube;EZJElTBuCto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJElTBuCto&feature=youtu.be[/video]

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Larry, what kind of a bag is that which you use for the mountain house meals?? I like that zip feature and the size.

Randy

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When i use water purification units, i go with AquaMira drops (two part system). But, in Alaska's Interior or northern mountain country i don't filter or purify. It can be a challenge in high country to locate fresh springs, but always manage.

I take one 1-qt nalgene bottle and fill up at every source. Never drink from iron-rich streams though, and those are plenty in the AK Range. Most muskeg-type benches have natural springs with running pools, and many streams are fast flowing and clear...i dont drink from stale sources or slow moving trickles, especially if there is turds around. Never had beaver fever, so call me complaisant...

my buddy rolled with two 1-qt nalgenes and I sipped from his when he was distracted by rams...LOL

LB

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
I hear ya on not purifying from mountain sources. Growing up we drank straight from every stream, creek and spring we could find. We also only had one old army canteen a piece. Now we normally filter but probably don't need to. Most people that get sick is from improper hygiene and not bad water. Thanks for the info.

Listened to Larry yesterday on Avery's podcast, and immediately thought of this... Very relevant if anyone missed it. A great video! Figured I'd bump it to the top.