What Podcasts are you listening to?

I would have to agree with gritty not being good lately, honestly they lost a lot of my respect when Aron shot an elk and watched it wobbly and sick then shoot another one and say that's normal. Major turn off, I don't believe that should even be legal. Just my feeling on it. They can do some great podcasts but it's hard to listen to them now.

switchback270

Lil-Rokslider
Man how do you guys find time for all these podcasts?

I've listened to Gritty randomly, Randy Newberg randomly and Avery randomly when I can make time, I don't spend a lot of time driving.

It sure helps the time go by sitting in a cubicle every day looking at a computer lol.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Man how do you guys find time for all these podcasts?

I've listened to Gritty randomly, Randy Newberg randomly and Avery randomly when I can make time, I don't spend a lot of time driving.

Driving for me. Or out running errands. Sometimes in the background while working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skers8517

FNG
I like barbell shrugged for a non hunting podcast if you're into fitness

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Careful when typing in Avery Adventures. I typed as far as Aver in the search and "Average swingers" popped up in the recommendations. I did listen a bit to them, they talk about getting hammered before getting it on. I don't drink so guess that won't work for me.

UMMMM YEAH. That would be a HARD NO. (No pun intended) On the swigging. I don't share. The drinking part however🥂🥃.

I listen to a variety of podcasts. As has been said by others, my only pet peeve is those podcasts that use the entire episode as marketing material. I don't mind dedicated, short commercial breaks. Podcast hosts are entitled to make a living. But a podcast for the sole purpose of selling something is not going to get a return visit.

As an example, I listened to a 91 minute "Beyond the Kill" podcast. Didn't learn a thing. Whole episode was marketing for an expensive workout training program. No actionable tips were given during the podcast.

I do listen to and enjoy:

Meateater
Gritty Bowmen
Orvis Fly Fishing Podcast
Avery Adventures
Dave Ramsey
Eastman's Elevated
Relic Radio (My boys love old-time radio theater from the 1950s and 1960s. It's better than letting them watch TV.)
Quintus Curtius
StarTalk Radio (Sometimes, depending upon the topic & guest. I like science.)

Last edited:

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
A huge thank you to everyone listening to our podcast! We are new at this, so any suggestions and HELPFUL tips are very much appreciated. Also , PLEASE leave a review on ITunes, that really helps us too:) We love hearing suggestions on the guests and topics you want to hear about!

Kilboars

WKR
Gritty Bowmen? I find myself deleting more than I listen to. I know they get on some good stuff but more times than not they lose me before they ever get to it. I feel more like I'm just eves dropping in on a conversation of a bunch of high school buddies. With so many good hunting podcast to listen to
I just move on to another podcast I already have downloaded.

Hunting:
Nine Finger Chronicles
The Rookie Hunter
Eastman's Elevated - Brian's coming around and he's cranking out some good content.
The Rich Outdoors
Hunt Talk Radio
Meat Eater
Hunt Backcountry
Gritty Bowmen

Will have to add a few; Avery Adventures, Hunt, Harvest, Health; Petersen's Bowhunting; Outdoors International.

I listen on Stitcher and had Jay Scott and Full Draw Full Time downloaded twice, but just can't stomach through the podcasts. They're great folks, but some people shouldn't be podcasters, in my opinion.

Non-hunting:
The Good Dad Project - Obvious content
The Fat Burning Man - Abel James who authored the Wild Diet is the host. The title may fool people, it's more of a Paleolithic type diet / content.
Order of Man - The host can be pretty intense, but worth listening to.
Dave Ramsey - I've subscribed to his financial principles.

Hunting:
Nine Finger Chronicles
The Rookie Hunter
Eastman's Elevated - Brian's coming around and he's cranking out some good content.
The Rich Outdoors
Hunt Talk Radio
Meat Eater
Hunt Backcountry
Gritty Bowmen

Will have to add a few; Avery Adventures, Hunt, Harvest, Health; Petersen's Bowhunting; Outdoors International.

I listen on Stitcher and had Jay Scott and Full Draw Full Time downloaded twice, but just can't stomach through the podcasts. They're great folks, but some people shouldn't be podcasters, in my opinion.

Non-hunting:
The Fat Burning Man - Abel James who authored the Wild Diet is the host. The title may fool people, it's more of a Paleolithic type diet / content.

Thanks for listening MTbowhunter36! We have some great guests lined up over the next few weeks. Not to mention spring seasons on the way!

matthewmt

WKR
Team never quit,
forward observer,
Hardcore history are a few I've enjoyed listening to.

Check out The Push - A Traditional archery podcast that just came out. You can get it on iTunes, stitcher or podbean.

Hunting:
Nine Finger Chronicles
The Rookie Hunter
The Rich Outdoors
Hunt Talk Radio
Meat Eater
Hunt Backcountry
Gritty Bowmen

Non-hunting:

Jay Scott I feel has the best actual content that benefits hunters, but it is far from entertaining that is for sure.

jwatts

WKR
Gritty Bowmen? I find myself deleting more than I listen to. I know they get on some good stuff but more times than not they lose me before they ever get to it. I feel more like I'm just eves dropping in on a conversation of a bunch of high school buddies. With so many good hunting podcast to listen to
I just move on to another podcast I already have downloaded.

I agree. I am a little behind as I only listen to podcasts when I run, and I listen to several different ones. It seems like the past few Gritty Bowmen I have tried to listen to have been deleted halfway through. I just couldn't finish them.

I would have to agree with gritty not being good lately, honestly they lost a lot of my respect when Aron shot an elk and watched it wobbly and sick then shoot another one and say that's normal. Major turn off, I don't believe that should even be legal. Just my feeling on it. They can do some great podcasts but it's hard to listen to them now.

There are no perfect people in life. Not saying I agree or disagree with what he did. I have learned to look for the gold in people. Find the treasure in people and appreciate the good things in their life. I think if we refuse to learn from someone because they are different than us or do something we don't particularly agree with we are likely hindering our on progress. Just saying this in general, not directed at you mulepackhunter. I understand it would would be hard to continue to listen if I felt the way you did.