TAG Bags Recall

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey folks, I've delayed discussing the issue we recently had with our TAG Bags until I knew when new material would be delivered for production.

PROBLEM: A couple of month ago a few customers started to call in with questionable seam failure. We pulled random inventory to inspect and found roughly 3% of the bags we checked could be separated at the seams.

After some investigation we learned the material itself had an insufficient finish, which produced an end product where fibers wouldn't stay seated and slippage occurred.

Some material seems sufficiently finished and holds well, while some bags just don't hold up to our standards.

SOLUTION: Our new inventory arrives sometime in December / January, and at that point we'll be able to replace bad sets. Meanwhile, some hunters have opted to use their TAG Bags to finish up the season. Any bad bags will be replaced without question once inventory arrives.

That's the best we can do at this point. I wouldn't ask that any of you rely on a game bag that doesn't live up to my level of confidence. This production and all others in the future will instill full confidence in our brand and our reliable customer service.

Contact me by email if you need personal service, regardless of where you bought your TAG Bags.

Larry Bartlett
[email protected]
Pristine Ventures

PNWGATOR

WKR
Awesome service Larry. Stuff happens and I choose to support companies that are forthright with issues and stand behind their products.

lintond

WKR
Larry is there a way to know if our bags are faulty? Is it a specific type/size of your bags? I wouldn't want to send my bags back if they aren't faulty and cause unneeded work/money.

I applaud you for standing up for your products!

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the update Larry. I'm seeing the separation of the material itself. Gonna use them with some caution this season and be in touch during the less hectic off season. Happy customer here. Matt

aggieland

WKR
I hate to say this because 99% of the time the thoughts and opinions on this sight are spot on. But I will say this, on our Alaskan Caribou hunt this summer I listened to the majority of Rokslide members advice and bought the Tags bags. My cousin bought the Caribou bags at Cabelas in Anchorage before heading to Tok. We both were lucky to harvest a bull each.. By the time we got our meat to the processor which was 2 days later my bags were trashed. The material just fell apart like silk threads. The Caribou bags were solid and had hanging hooks and a few other "extras" that actually came in handy when we went to hang the meat in a walk in cooler.. But I don't know, I was shocked at how poorly my bags preformed. His bags made the trip home and were washed up for another use, I brought 2 bags home out of 5 I think and ended up throwing them away as well.. So I do hope you have found a solution to the material problems.

Trial153

WKR
Can't ask for much more then finding a problem, admitting to it and then rectifying it.....well done. I will be ordering more when you get the new stock .

The only problem I have is it was only mentioned after another member posted a thread about his bags falling apart. Maybe it was just a coincidence. Maybe not.

I would of rather seen Larry post on it first since he must of known about it for awhile. That being said I have not had a problem with my TAG bag kit and have had them full to the top with boned meat.

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
To test your bags is very simple. Grab one between your fingers and pull...if the material separates or your seams open in the least...they're shitty material and need to be replaced.

Aggieland, I'm glad you were successful. If you're bags didn't perform nor impress you, then you were sold a bad set. I can't reverse the damages unfortunately. If you found Caribou Gear worked well, then I'm glad you have another option for your next set of bags. If you'd prefer a refund vs an exchange, send me an email with your name and address and I'll square you away immediately. If you ditched the bags and cant return them, I'll take your word as truth and take care of it so you can apply that cash toward a new set of Caribou Gear bags.

However, I personally created the entire synthetic game bags market on the foundation of scientific reasoning and product innovation. All other synthetic game bags were created based off TAG Bags quality and performance. I'm a hunter before a business man, not the other way around...and our products reflect that ideology and performance.

I generally prefer to let a product speak for itself, but here's why I believe TAG Bags are so popular: Simplicity, reliability, and delivery. This brand has been alive and thriving longer than Caribou Gear has been profiting off my hard work. All I care to do is focus on my brand and your field experience. So, when you mention a bad experience with TAG Bags, I pay attention and take action post haste.

Once these bad sets are replaced and the dust settles from this conversation, there wont be any further doubt that your investment is safe with our bags.

Craig4791

WKR
I hate to say this because 99% of the time the thoughts and opinions on this sight are spot on. But I will say this, on our Alaskan Caribou hunt this summer I listened to the majority of Rokslide members advice and bought the Tags bags. My cousin bought the Caribou bags at Cabelas in Anchorage before heading to Tok. We both were lucky to harvest a bull each.. By the time we got our meat to the processor which was 2 days later my bags were trashed. The material just fell apart like silk threads. The Caribou bags were solid and had hanging hooks and a few other "extras" that actually came in handy when we went to hang the meat in a walk in cooler.. But I don't know, I was shocked at how poorly my bags preformed. His bags made the trip home and were washed up for another use, I brought 2 bags home out of 5 I think and ended up throwing them away as well.. So I do hope you have found a solution to the material problems.

You clearly must have had a bad set! Which really sucks but Larrys bags are tough as nails and proven. I know i've used TAG bags on over a dozen big game animals on backpack hunts and never had one issue.

aggieland

WKR
To test your bags is very simple. Grab one between your fingers and pull...if the material separates or your seams open in the least...they're shitty material and need to be replaced.

Aggieland, I'm glad you were successful. If you're bags didn't perform nor impress you, then you were sold a bad set. I can't reverse the damages unfortunately. If you found Caribou Gear worked well, then I'm glad you have another option for your next set of bags. If you'd prefer a refund vs an exchange, send me an email with your name and address and I'll square you away immediately. If you ditched the bags and cant return them, I'll take your word as truth and take care of it so you can apply that cash toward a new set of Caribou Gear bags.

However, I personally created the entire synthetic game bags market on the foundation of scientific reasoning and product innovation. All other synthetic game bags were created based off TAG Bags quality and performance. I'm a hunter before a business man, not the other way around...and our products reflect that ideology and performance.

I generally prefer to let a product speak for itself, but here's why I believe TAG Bags are so popular: Simplicity, reliability, and delivery. This brand has been alive and thriving longer than Caribou Gear has been profiting off my hard work. All I care to do is focus on my brand and your field experience. So, when you mention a bad experience with TAG Bags, I pay attention and take action post haste.

Once these bad sets are replaced and the dust settles from this conversation, there wont be any further doubt that your investment is safe with our bags.

Thank you for the offer. I believe you are an honest man and make a good product. I live in Texas and honestly don't need game bags every year. The bags worked well enough to get the meat back to the runway and for that I'm happy. One question for ya though, do you think citric acid could cause the bag to fail? I used a lot more acid on my meat than my cousin did, I basically swamped it in acid after he broke our spray bottle.. I doubt it would do anything but it could be something to check out.

Bulldawg

WKR
My TAG bags ripped to shreds this year too!!! On an antelope hunt!! I was so mad.. But maybe it was the barbed wire that my girlfriend drug them across...................

Bags worked great for what I need them for

dotman

WKR
TAG bags worked great for me and came out perfect after a washing machine cycle. Easy to hang with the draw cord.

My TAGS bags have been used and washed a few times and look like they did the day I got them. Quality product.

Manosteel

WKR
TAG BOMB bags are the best game bags I have ever used. I have two sets and have used both without issues on not only my harvests but that of family and friends I have helped. Just wash and re-use. On my first set I know I have used them on at least 4 elk and 3 moose and they are still going strong, more pink than white now but still going.

my first and only set have handled a bull ,a buck,and one even took a tom home last spring. with all the washings in between. BOMB bags have been the BOMB for me.

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aggie, citric acid will have no degrading affect on material. You got a shitty set. Sorry man. I'd be mad as a hornet if my bags failed in the field. Freakin steamed.

We found a finish on this next batch that holds stronger than any batch yet.

LB

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Problems inevitably happen, that's not really the issue. It's what a company does when the problems become known that matters. Thanks Larry

AZGUY

Lil-Rokslider
Larry,

Any issues with the existing stock? I'm thinking about ordering some for an upcoming hunt.

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
I got a set last year that I've put to use on a buck and bull as well as some various small game. No issues what so ever! I'm quite pleased with them. Good on you for the awesome customer service Larry.