Show us your catch? FLY FISHING Thread

slick

WKR
73298115103f5a53efde0c56e5556270.jpg

CorbLand

WKR
f19e4431668299dd9c3a48d365ea3393.jpg

Not the quality that you all have been posting but this is from the first time I fly fished. My cousin that is going to med school flew in for a week and he taught me how. It was a great weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How'd you fare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy. So I would consider myself a very skilled fly-fisherman, but those bones humbled me something fierce. I caught a pile of trevally, goat, rock, and cuda. Hooked up twice with some huge bones, but never landed one. I'll be going back. Mike Hennessy with Hawaii on the Fly- great dude and guide.

kodiakfly

WKR
Oh boy. So I would consider myself a very skilled fly-fisherman, but those bones humbled me something fierce. I caught a pile of trevally, goat, rock, and cuda. Hooked up twice with some huge bones, but never landed one. I'll be going back. Mike Hennessy with Hawaii on the Fly- great dude and guide.

I've been there twice and never landed one. Been hooked up, but coral and broken tippet has gotten the better of me. I've fished there guided and non-guided. If you go to hire Mike again, shoot me a PM first...

I've been there twice and never landed one. Been hooked up, but coral and broken tippet has gotten the better of me. I've fished there guided and non-guided. If you go to hire Mike again, shoot me a PM first...

Hopefully I can make it over again this spring, and I'd definitely like to hire him once more. Great guy and loads of fun on the flats

Chaska

FNG

I will be in Hawaii fishing with Mike in a few weeks. I think I attached one of the bones I caught in Cuba last year.
View attachment 47292

Broomd

WKR
Remote NW Ontario CA.
We caught northern pike, walleye, yellow perch and (tons) of smallmouth on the fly....

zeqzRHo.jpg

vanish

WKR
Beautiful! Both lake fish?

Yes, both backcountry lakes. Golden was 18 miles from the trailhead on a golden clouser. Great trip.

Brookie was from a float tube on a full sink line with my own leech pattern. Really hard to self photo in a tube!

I like river fishing but I find a lot more solitude at Colorado's lakes compared to its rivers, which mostly have roads along them.

kodiakfly

WKR
Really hard to self photo in a tube!

I like river fishing but I find a lot more solitude at Colorado's lakes compared to its rivers, which mostly have roads along them.

True on the photo in a tube. I switched to a pontoon boat years ago and I'm able to mount a camera to a rail and if I lean back with the fish, I can get us both in there.

And I also prefer lake fishing, but for salmon. The rivers here are slammed so hard with people flossing, chucking roe and just hammering the fish. You can't floss fish in a lake, so the crowds are virtually nill.

Attachments

• PA130157.jpg
    PA130157.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 21

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
Vanish, that Golden is sweet. I've tried for years to catch one in the Wind Rivers and I never have. BTW, how do you attach photos, I've tried in the past, but I don't think it's the "attach photo" button.