anyone have a car camping tent they recommend for a family?

VernAK

WKR
I sure wish some tent manufacturer would come out with the old Draw Tite model again......a great old tent design.

I used em on the AKPen 40 years ago .......fast set up....handles winds well.

I found a couple on Ebay but I'm not ready to pay $500 for a 40 year old tent ....sight unseen!

TheCougar

WKR
Another vote for REI kingdom 8 with garage. We have 4 kids and a dog and we love it. It’s yuuuge and I love the garage. If you wait, you can get it 20-25% off. I don’t think it is very resistant to wind. It buffets a lot with 20-30 it’s of wind, and i think if you get above 30kts, it probably would start to get sporty.

McGilvra

Lil-Rokslider
Kodiak Canvas. We took our baby and 4 year old camping on the Badlands last summer. All our gear, two air mattresses, and a pack and play crib all fit. A strong storm moved in overnight, blew 40-50mph, but the kids never woke up. Two nervous parents didn’t sleep much, but the next morning we found nearly every other group had packed up or had their tent shredded by the wind. We fielded a lot of questions about our tent that day! Served us well in the Black Hills as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk