AGC CUB or KISS w/ basement

i'm hoping to pick up an AGC bino harness soon and am going back and forth between the CUB and the KISS with basement. I'm using Vortex 8x42s which should fit either fine but I also want to be able to carry my Nikon Aculon rangefinder. The Aculon is a pretty compact unit compared to most others and if it would fit in the basement of the KISS i would probably go that route. I'm afraid of bow string clearance with the CUB but maybe you guys will tell me it's nothing to worry about. Long shot, but is there anybody out there with an Aculon that can tell me if it will fit in the basement of one of these?

MThuntr

WKR
My KISS Max is much larger than expected and me being a fat bastard it sticks out a bit more than on an average person. I have not shot a bow with it on but feel in some cases where you can't get a perfect stance it may get hit by the string...this is pure speculation until I have a chance to do some testing in different scenarios while wearing the bino pack. That being said it is very comfortable and provides a lot of cover for my binos.

Last edited:

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
i'm hoping to pick up an AGC bino harness soon and am going back and forth between the CUB and the KISS with basement. I'm using Vortex 8x42s which should fit either fine but I also want to be able to carry my Nikon Aculon rangefinder. The Aculon is a pretty compact unit compared to most others and if it would fit in the basement of the KISS i would probably go that route. I'm afraid of bow string clearance with the CUB but maybe you guys will tell me it's nothing to worry about. Long shot, but is there anybody out there with an Aculon that can tell me if it will fit in the basement of one of these?

Most of the compact rangefinders will fit in the basement pocket of the KISS but as far as accessing it in a hurry it is not an ideal location. I personally use the CUB and keep my rangefinder in the front pocket when I'm just traveling along, if I think there may be a shot opportunity I will either open the pocket halfway or clip my rangefinder to the side webbing for easy access. They did make the bungee longer so that you can attach a rangefinder to it inside the front pocket as well. I shoot ALOT of 3D archery including some very technical courses and haven't noticed my binocular harness getting in the way at all, the only time it could pose a problem is if you had to shoot directly below you (75-90 degree angle) but that can be avoided by simply leaning out slightly to give the string clearance. Honestly it would probably be exactly the same situation with the KISS or any other case out there. Order from BlackOvis.com and use code Rokslide10 at checkout when you decide which one you want to try and save 10% on your order. We also have free shipping and the bino tethers are included.

12ring

FNG
I went with the kiss w/ the basement (carrying swaro EL 10x42)- for the precise reason I wanted to make sure nothing was out farther that might catch on my bow, but keep my range finder in a separate after market pouch attached to the left hand side of the kiss to the torso strap.

12ring

FNG
Man, I've got to remember the discount codes- I got mine from you all but totally spaced it... Thanks for making this available though, that is awesome (I'll be back)!

camo711

FNG
I was in the same boat on which one to go with. I have shot archery with a myriad of harnesses over the last 5+ years (S4 X, Crooked Horn, Kuiu) and now the AGC Cub w/o basement. No issue on string clearance with a 29" draw so not a long draw, but also no belly. I bought mine from the guys at Black Ovis and the shipping was super fast, best prices and the tether is included. It was honestly the first purchase in a while that I opened it put it on and said this one is staying.

Dameon

WKR
I have the cub with basement and have no problems with string clearance while hunting or on the 3D range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
Question...will the KISS model fit 12x50 swaro binos

Pretty sure that's a no, look at the Black Ovis website, it's easier to navigate and figure out which model will fit which glass.and for the OP, there's a pocket you can buy that will go on the lower strap to hold your rangefinder, looks like a slick setup. Seen Frank from Kifaru using it pretty sure and maybe Aron also.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I would recommend the x50 classic for the 12x50 swaros

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
Just received my new AGC bino rig from BlackOvis.com! I bought the Hybrid and could not be happier with the harness and BlackOvis customer service! I have had Kuiu harness for years and like it a lot but decided to switch things up a bit. Hybrid fits my Leica Geovid 10x42 binos perfect!

I would recommend the x50 classic for the 12x50 swaros

Darn. The classic is just too bulky for me. I like the looks of the kiss because it's minimal. I had a guy tell me the 12x50 Swaro's would fit in the kiss. But need second opinion

Last edited:

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Darn. The classic is just too bulky for me. I like the looks of the kiss because it's minimal. I had a guy tell me the 12x50 Swaro's would fit in the kiss. But need second opinion
I'll double check the fit on the kiss tomorrow and report back. I'm going to do a major write up on what binoculars fit in each AGC harness soon as well to make it easier for everyone to pick the right harness.

I'll double check the fit on the kiss tomorrow and report back. I'm going to do a major write up on what binoculars fit in each AGC harness soon as well to make it easier for everyone to pick the right harness.

Ok thanks.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Justin,

Just checked the fit for those 12x50 EL's in the KISS for you. They do fit, however the built in lens covers make it pretty tight going in and out. They sort of snag on the inside of the harness which is not ideal. They are also a bit tall but the lid still closes enough to keep dust and debris out.

The best fit is going to be the X50. I'm hoping someday we can have AGC build us a X50 KISS without the front pocket but that may or may not come to fruition. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking into it. Yea currently I don't use the lens covers. So sounds like it should fit just a little snug. I currently use the kuiu and really like it. But the Alaskan guide looks nice.

Justin,

Just checked the fit for those 12x50 EL's in the KISS for you. They do fit, however the built in lens covers make it pretty tight going in and out. They sort of snag on the inside of the harness which is not ideal. They are also a bit tall but the lid still closes enough to keep dust and debris out.

The best fit is going to be the X50. I'm hoping someday we can have AGC build us a X50 KISS without the front pocket but that may or may not come to fruition. Let me know if you have any questions.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I had the Kuiu for one season and it is definitely light and super small which is nice but I was getting a ton of debris (oak brush and cheat grass seeds) as well as dust coming in from the opening on the backside. I have since been using the AGC and have been thoroughly impressed with how well it protects the precious cargo inside.

oldgoat

WKR
Thanks for looking into it. Yea currently I don't use the lens covers. So sounds like it should fit just a little snug. I currently use the kuiu and really like it. But the Alaskan guide looks nice.

I had my Vortex 10x50 in a Kiss with basement, squeaked like a rusty hinge taking the binoculars in and out

16Bore

WKR
I don't know how you fellas stand any of those things, I've been a cross-your-heart bra fan since they first came out and haven't looked back.

And for you younger fellas, cross-your-heart was a gals bra back in 80's IIRC. Back when girls actually wore them. And there was an art to removing them.

Now I guess you just right swipe and they come right off.