Pedals is dead.

BKhunter

WKR
I live in the tri-state area. In my eyes the hunter did the bear a favor since he had issues with both front paws. Also, the day a bear causes harm to one of the residents lets see how quickly they change their tune about how cute and part of the neighborhood they are.

The bear was obviously living just fine with it's injury, so I don't see a reason to justifiably kill it based on that statute. To me, it's a bear, I could care less if it was shot or not.

However, this animal was obviously known by an entire country and for someone to purposefully target in for the notoriety was in poor taste for the hunting community as a whole.

#dicksoutforpeddles

Bears are born to be tagged. Sorry Pedals, you're just a bear, hope you get a vertical full body mount. Crybabies always cry.

smallstandingblackbear.jpg

Last edited:

elkyinzer

WKR
I've spent some time in that area of New Jersey...looney toon capital of America. People there are so far out of touch with reality it's depressing.

It's sad that animals are humanized but it's not a trend that looks to be reversing anytime soon, so we as hunters have to learn to live with it and not to be tone deaf to it when situations like this arise. Of course a bear that walks on two legs in a suburban community is going to gain some notoriety.

That said, the media is reporting that the hunter who killed the bear was flaunting it, which is unquestionably in poor taste if true. I'd put him out his misery too if he walked under my stand, but I would only tell about 5 trusted people about it knowing the circumstances.

I've spent some time in that area of New Jersey...looney toon capital of America. People there are so far out of touch with reality it's depressing.

It's sad that animals are humanized but it's not a trend that looks to be reversing anytime soon, so we as hunters have to learn to live with it and not to be tone deaf to it when situations like this arise. Of course a bear that walks on two legs in a suburban community is going to gain some notoriety.

That said, the media is reporting that the hunter who killed the bear was flaunting it, which is unquestionably in poor taste if true. I'd put him out his misery too if he walked under my stand, but I would only tell about 5 trusted people about it knowing the circumstances.

*this nails it.

Killem all. I despise bears and wouldn't care if Virginia was cleared of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Killem all. I despise bears and wouldn't care if Virginia was cleared of them

That's beyond extreme buddy.They are bears, not wolves. A healthy, sustainable population is the goal, not erradication. C'mon! You call yourself a hunter?

That's beyond extreme buddy.They are bears, not wolves. A healthy, sustainable population is the goal, not erradication. C'mon! You call yourself a hunter?

I call myself a hunter and a farmer! They tear our corn fields all to hell and every other farm around here which feeds all of our cattle. They get in our corn cribs climb on top of the corn shit and piss all over the corn and then it's not fit to grind and feed to the cattle. If you haven't seen what a bear can do to corn field you need to see and understand the sour taste they have given us.

Vdgif has let bears get so out of control they have became a huge issue. 1 man in an adjoining county from me has lost over 40 acres of corn in the last 3 years alone. Along with him and many others they have been givin kill permits yearly for the last handful of years and they get filled. 1 farm killed 9 alone. In a span up 1 valley between 2 of our "mountains" there was a count of 30 bear permits given 26 was filled by hear say.

A study vdgif has done apparently recently that I read just the other days states that with bear kills the last 2 years at record highs of 23-2400 animals per year killed they are still at a growing rate of 7%. I do not believe in killing to kill or for thrill but when dairy/milk prices are at a 13.22$ per hundred and beef calves have fell to nothing something has to be done.

My sole income is from milk. With a dozen beef cows i have. They tear my animals food to hell which shorts feed to my animals that then shorts my income form my family.

Notice I haven't even mentioned about myself being a hunter and the aggravation they give deer hunting. I could bitch piss and moan about them tearing my cameras up or messing with the cams I have in bear boxes or spooking all the deer and yada yada but to me that's their bedroom and home so i don't say much cause I'm invading their area, but don't expect me to let them come trash my area and harass my living out in the middle of our corn fields. I got family and cubs to feed as do they.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's sad that animals are humanized but it's not a trend that looks to be reversing anytime soon, so we as hunters have to learn to live with it and not to be tone deaf to it when situations like this arise.

Using their logic and the humanizing of animals, then it should be no surprise to them if people are de-humanized and act like animals and actually kill stuff. Makes perfect sense out of their illogical gibberish.

That was a clear explanation blinginpse.

Also,
1. Virginia's DGIF has made hunters buy an additional license for bears (was previously included with our Big Game license). And the DGIF has a brand new office building to pay for. Coincidence? I think not. Virginia has the most expensive licenses in the eastern states.
2. In case you've never seen how bears damage crops it's like this. A bear will walk to the middle of a cornfield and then level an acre of corn in order to eat the cobs off the ground. Where bears have been feeding on corn it looks like crop circles left by aliens.

I want all of you who read my post in reply to 5miles to watch this link. I have 0 idea who what when or where this is other than saying it's 2012. Its like a 30 second video. I don't want to be portrayed as a bad guy on this but this gives you an idea why farmers in my area and every where else that farms and grows corn has hatred for bears.
bears and a corn field - YouTube

That was a clear explanation blinginpse.

Also,
1. Virginia's DGIF has made hunters buy an additional license for bears (was previously included with our Big Game license). And the DGIF has a brand new office building to pay for. Coincidence? I think not. Virginia has the most expensive licenses in the eastern states.
2. In case you've never seen how bears damage crops it's like this. A bear will walk to the middle of a cornfield and then level an acre of corn in order to eat the cobs off the ground. Where bears have been feeding on corn it looks like crop circles left by aliens.

That stupid bear tag costs us 20$ now. And yes I buy it just to kill my 1. Resident license big game tags with bear tag costs 107$. IMO bears are literally useless.

And crop circles. You mean like
Like this
6b28236a5b4c71b679748fc2f6cccab2.png

Jauwater

WKR
Blinginpse, I'm with ya man. I have as much respect for animals as the next guy, but a pest is a pest. Game wardens have gave the go ahead to several people I know who had pesky white tails, bears as well, dwindling their crop.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Jimbob

WKR
Slice it anyway you want its a black eye for hunting. You watch the video of the bear and the thing is not afraid of humans and it looks pretty comical. It would have been better for the hunter not to kill it. Obviously bragging about it (if its true) is stupid as well.

WOW! I knew they were hard on corn fields, but that pics something else. Farmers around here don't tolerate them.