Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

derland

FNG
Ready to pull the trigger on one I think. Does anyone know if they ever run sales? Even 10% off of $800 is a nice savings.

Any reason I SHOULDNT buy one? (Other than the price, of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshTX

WKR
I don't see very many sales on them, but in my opinion.. there is no better down bag.

Oh ya, they are worth every penny you spend on them! I have the antelope mf and I have never been cold in it, and I'm a cold sleeper. It's super warm for the weight, they are pretty damn tough too for how light they are. Get what ever size ,weight and temp rating that is right for you and buy with confidence. You will be happy! I'll have to check but I think I got mine a year and a half ago at OMC with a 10% off deal...I think.

igBand

Lil-Rokslider
Agree 100% with the above statements - WM bags are worth the $$ IMO. I have a a Versalite, and have never been happier with a sleeping bag, and I've gone through a number of them. I'm a cold sleeper too, and have been just fine in this thing right down to 10* (rated temp for the bag).

OP
D

derland

FNG
Awesome guys. Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking at the sequoia. I want something close to 0 degree and as wide as I can get it. I just picked up a kifaru slick for anything above freezing. I figured a good down bag for freezing temps, and I'll be set for any situation.

I own 2 WM bags. My first was a Sequoia GWS and I had it over-filled with a few extra ounces of down. It's a furnace and I've slept in it down to single digits very comfortably. I would buy another instantly if I lost it. Best money spent on any piece of gear ever in the history of the universe.

I bought a TerraLite a couple years ago and I'm also in love with it for moderately cool climates. I freely admit I'm a WM snob and that is NOT changing, lol.

OP
D

derland

FNG
I own 2 WM bags. My first was a Sequoia GWS and I had it over-filled with a few extra ounces of down. It's a furnace and I've slept in it down to single digits very comfortably. I would buy another instantly if I lost it. Best money spent on any piece of gear ever in the history of the universe.

I bought a TerraLite a couple years ago and I'm also in love with it for moderately cool climates. I freely admit I'm a WM snob and that is NOT changing, lol.

I was looking at the terralite also, but I wanted a synthetic bag for above freezing temps in case it got wet, hence the slickbag

Hey derland, check out moontrail right now they are having some fantastic deals on many pieces from Western mountaineering. Beware...don't go broke!

OP
D

derland

FNG
Hey derland, check out moontrail right now they are having some fantastic deals on many pieces from Western mountaineering. Beware...don't go broke!

32% off of the bag I want. I'd hug you if I could. THANKS

Hahahahahaha!!! Good stuff man! I'm a damn gear junkie, I just can't help myself, I'm always lookin! I'm glad you could capitalize on it!👍

Jimbob

WKR
I bought two used for $400 from a guy. I almost fell over when I saw the price and I thought there was something up. Nope two amazing bags for $400. Sold my old marmot for $150. So for $250 I upgraded big time plus got a second bag. Best gear deal of my life. Everything about them is awesome.

LandYacht

WKR
I have a Versalite and a Caribou, love them both. You won't be sad with your purchase.

hodgeman

WKR
I've used the Badger for a few years now...couldn't be happier. It is comfortable right down to the temp rating and a bit below.

If you find them on sale pull the trigger immediately as they tend to not last.

gelton

WKR
WM Kodiak for me. Spent a quite a few nights in a Marmot sawtooth 15 degree and froze my ass off. Swore that would never happen again and carry my zero degree Kodiak even during archery. I am a fairly wide shouldered guy and can toss and turn in it no problem with room to spare for extra gear to dry out overnight inside the bag. With the zipper guides and draft collar they thought of everything no doubt.

I bought two used for $400 from a guy. I almost fell over when I saw the price and I thought there was something up. Nope two amazing bags for $400. Sold my old marmot for $150. So for $250 I upgraded big time plus got a second bag. Best gear deal of my life. Everything about them is awesome.

Bad ass!

MattB

WKR
I am in the "one of the first pieces of gear I would replace if I got robbed" camp. They are excellent bags.

boom

WKR
i love my Alpenlite. i could use a warmer bag for a couple of hunts. but i would need to slip my wife a roofie to get it.

to answer the OP's que..i got mine on sale from a backpacking store in Oregon. they had a 20% off storewide sale, and being portland, OR..no sales tax. we were vacationing there and i saw the advertisement and put the rental car into a brake skid..right up to the parking lot.

i lost weight and my bag is looser than i like now..and i need to heat a bigger void of air.

OP
D

derland

FNG
I ended up ordering my sequoia from moontrail. 32% for the exact bag I'd been drooling over.

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Antelope MF and that thing just plain cooks. I've had it on some backcountry ski trips where it got -15 at night and I slept soundly without a chill. Anything above 20 degrees and I have to open the bag cause I actually wake up soaking wet, no joke. The company is great to deal with and they stand behind their gear. Spend your money worry free.