Avery raids the kid's Christmas show?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Took my innocent kids to the Luminaria Christmas light show in Salt Lake. Saw this sign and all my kids said "Dad- what does that mean?" I was speechless and was sure Ryan must have planted this ahead of us.

If you comment, keep it PG-13 as they're kids on this site and some are 50 years old!

In my opinion, this is a prime example of when marketers are completely out of touch with culture. Reminds me of when McDonald's did an ad campaign titled "Hittin' it". I am sure those marketers had no clue what that really meant.

My recommendation: People, get a clue!! Or... get out more.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I guess in the south cornhole refers to a game where you toss some bean bags and try and get them through the hole. But I was in church one time and the preacher was talking about an upcoming picnic and mentioned that there would be cornhole for everyone and even a tournament. I just about fell out of my chair.

dotman

WKR
I guess in the south cornhole refers to a game where you toss some bean bags and try and get them through the hole. But I was in church one time and the preacher was talking about an upcoming picnic and mentioned that there would be cornhole for everyone and even a tournament. I just about fell out of my chair.

Hahahahaha!!!!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ya 5miles I had to look that up. I don't consider myself self gutter-minded, but in the north that's not what cornhole means

LOL yeah, its a game I play all the time but still laugh like a 10 year old every time I say it. Seems to me whoever invented the name of the game was either just as dirty minded as most or completely clueless.

Hall256

WKR
Yep, big game out here on the East coast...I had never heard of it before being stationed here. Where I grew up corn hole meant something way different...so imagine my surprise when I would meet women in Virginia who would brag about how good at Corn hole they were...LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, big game out here on the East coast...I had never heard of it before being stationed here. Where I grew up corn hole meant something way different...so imagine my surprise when I would meet women in Virginia who would brag about how good at Corn hole they were...LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

busted out laughing when I read that last line!

Slim Jim

WKR
Hahaha A lot of my students build this game in my wood shop. The first time one of them built one I asked "what is this". I cracked up when they told me what it was called. I thought they were f--n with me.

The best I can tell the term corn hole came from the 1800's. You see back in the day the mountain men would come down from the hills in the early fall before the snow would fly. They would bring their furs and any extra bounty they would have from crops they had grown. They would sell their furs and trade their crops for the supplies they'd need for the long winter. Before heading back to the mountains for the long lonely winter they'd sometimes seek the comfort from a lady of the night. If they had cash they got some sweet loving but if all they had was some corn to trade for the company of the call girl well then all they got was what was to become known as the corn ... ;)

I'm just a hick from Kentucky and even I get a chuckle when I hear about cornhole games. It's a big fund raising in my home town. Any time there is a charity that needs funding, they have a cornhole tournament. $20 buy in for a team with 50% of the proceeds going to the charity in need.

And banjo music is NOT allowed at cornhole tournaments.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just like that guy FiveMiles! My wife was glaring at me, kids kept asking what it was, but I couldn't stop. Still laughing every time I open this thread. It's good to hear even the guys from the South and East get a chuckle. It's a funny word. Aron said there was a guy on one site with the screen name "cornholio" or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk